PDA

View Full Version : SIA Cadet Course Start dates ?

Vimd23
6th Oct 2004, 02:24
Hi there , has anyone ( Malaysians , Indians or others ) heard anything regarding a start date for cadet courses post Sept 04 ?

This is with regards to the interviews being held for Indian pilots , the whole of september and for malaysian citizens who did theirs in early August . Any info is welcome .

cheers
vimd23

GhosRider
6th Oct 2004, 06:43
Hi there,

I'm not sure exactly when the course start dates are but a course is run approximately every two months. I believe the next intake will arrive at the college by the end of this month or early next month (after lumut).

Hope the info helps.

Cheers

GhosRider

Forgot to add that for indian nationals, you can expect a delay of about 2-3 months after your medical to get the letter of offer. This is because SIA has to apply for a training permit for you from the Ministry of Manpower.

Cheers

GhosRider

Vimd23
7th Oct 2004, 04:37
Hi rider , thanks a bunch for the info , it helps me with the decisions I must make. Just a question , if I may Ghosrider , for indian nationals such as myself , do they intend to send us through the whole course ( considering we are CPL holders ) or do they intend to send us through the ATPL ground school and then onto the lear ?

thanks and regards
vimd23

GhosRider
9th Oct 2004, 07:21
Hi Vimd,

Any exemption for your CPL will depend on it's recognition by CAAS (which follows the guidelines of the JAR). I could be wrong but the following are factors that will be considered:

1. If your license is recognised by the JAR
2. If your have more than 800 hrs flying experience with Multi-engine IFR experience, you may not need to go to Jandakot.
3. If your CPL is recognised, you may only need to do the ATPL subjects and not the Tech papers (excluding radio telephony)

There is currently one indian national at the college who holds a PPL and he is exempted 40 hrs of flying (this is the basic exemption given to most cadets who hold a PPL).

Hope I have answered your questions.

Cheers and good luck.

GhosRider