PDA

View Full Version : Trip to London

dim101
5th Oct 2004, 16:00
I want to make a trip to London and I'm looking for a good, (cheap) airport close to London. Maybe Biggin Hill is a solution? Are there connections with London downtown? Maybe you know better airports close to London

ESSEX BOY
5th Oct 2004, 18:10
Probably not quite the right forum ... Pivate Flying / GA ?

(training related ... then maybe)

Stapleford is quite good, close to London and easy to commute to the city - Bus/Taxi/Central Line

Half the price of Biggin - but no official instrument approach, there is a nice VOR there :D

£9 for single i think X 2 for twin ...

free parking throughout day, few quid overnight !

EB :p

FullyFlapped
6th Oct 2004, 08:24
Depends what you're flying, but check out Elstree. Cheap fees, hard runway in case the weather is British, and the main line to London is 5 mins away in a taxi (trains run every few mins and journey time is about 15 mins).

Panshanger is a similar story, only it's grass ...

FF :ok:

ba767
10th Oct 2004, 22:40
I live near Biggin Hill and so can give you some feedback on the area. It is a bit of a mission to get into Central London. You would need to get 320 bus to Bromley South station (takes about 25 minutes), and then get a train from there to London, which would take about 40 minutes. The bus is £1 single and the train would be about £4 return or £5.40 for a travelcard.

six-sixty
11th Oct 2004, 06:54
North Weald is just a few mins in a cab from Epping which is on the tube. Nice long hard runway too.

GusHoneybun
11th Oct 2004, 09:54
Denham is only a short walk to the choo choo station and doesn't involve a taxi journey at all.