PDA

View Full Version : CX Cadet Initial Test

geotrek
5th Oct 2004, 15:58
Hello all,

I am a new comer to this forum. After searching the forum, I found there is nearly no discussion about the initial test. I would like to apply Cadet Pilot soon, Can anyone kindly tell me what tests I have to do in the initial test?

Thank you very much!!!

geotrek
6th Oct 2004, 15:17
I just wondering any person here will have the test next week? If so, pls PM me, we may share it!

Koyo
7th Oct 2004, 01:08
Test? Or you referring to the interview? If you use test as the search word, I don't think it will return anything. The information you're looking for is already sticky on the top of the forum.

geotrek
7th Oct 2004, 09:52
Well, it is officially named as "initial tests" although it's my first meet with the CX personel. Is this the first interview?

patslam
9th Oct 2004, 11:44
It should be the first interview. You shoul dalready know hat's included in the interview from the e-mail, right?

jasonwong
21st Oct 2004, 10:17
I have taken the initial test on 13th Oct, 2004. I am now waiting for their reply. Anyone who are also waiting for the reply? We can share it here.;)

skypeeper
21st Oct 2004, 14:37
Initial test:

1 X written English test
1 X written IQ test
1 X written aptitude test

And I heard there's a new 5 minute 'presentation' of sorts now, it's not a presentation really, just a quick chat with the interviewers, nice and friendly like. Not sure if this came into effect yet, or not.

This is not your first interview. You will have your first interview if you pass the initial testing day. It consists of a half hour chat with two interviewers, usually someone from HR and someone from the flight line, like an FO. Also relaxed, it's just HR questions like tell us about yourself and why you want to work for CX etc. Nothing technical there. Don't get discouraged if they start yawning or sound bored! I couldn't make out if it was to see how I would react, but I think it's just coz they were tired after seeing so many people.

Yeah things have changed around a bit, not so much the content of the interviews but rather what gets done when. e.g. a while ago the initial tests and the first interview were done on the same day, now they are done on different days.

Maybe anyone reading this and who's gone through it recently could shed more effective light?
Cheers

peeps :)

jasonwong
21st Oct 2004, 16:37
Thanks Skykeeper.

Something about the presentation of the initial test. When I did the presentation to the interviewer, she didn't give any response or have any follow-up questions. She just wrote down some notes. Actually it was done informally and friendly. I guess that it is just a test to see whether the candidates can speak English fluently.

Anyone who has finished the initial test can share their experience here.;)

Cheers,
Jason

Koyo
23rd Oct 2004, 01:13
Well thanks for clearing that up. I always thought that the written test was group together with the interviews.

flm
6th Nov 2004, 03:57
anyone else? thanks! :ok: