PDA

View Full Version : Which do the airlines prefer????

J1mbo
5th Oct 2004, 14:34
I know this was touched upon in the recent thread, UK v USA, but want to pick up on one point in particular: do the airlines think any differently of you if you train at a JAA school in th USA compared to training over here. I'm not talking about any one school in particular, this would apply to any of the better ones.

I'm asking as im planning on heading to Naples soon to do an integrated course. Id rather go there than stay here in the UK, for a variety of reasons, but.....do you think the job prospects are marginally better if i stay here and go to Oxford/Bristol/CTC etc. for example?

I'm not after the usual which school is better etc etc, or modular vs integrated argument, just whether you reckon theres more chance of me getting a job if i stay over here? Also, i know its about twice as much here which is obviously a v important factor, but try to ignore it for any replies.

Thanks for any advice.

J.

birdlady
5th Oct 2004, 14:45
Hi

If you want to work in the Uk, the chances are better if you train in the UK. For PPL and hourbuilding the states is fine but for Multi/Ir CPL the Uk is where you need to be. Remember as I said in the USA/UK post IR procedures and radio is completely different in the states hence its a good idea to do some training in the UK. That's just my opinion and if Im offending anyone or pi**ing anyone off - Im sorry its just my experience. I think J1mbo you might be opening another can of worms...........

Ciao
Bl

kilobravo
5th Oct 2004, 14:55
Hi BL,
Are you still in SA and have you made any progress or decisions about your own destination?
KB: