PDA

View Full Version : seeking dedicated, enthusiastic pilots

Joe_Bar
5th Oct 2004, 13:24
Anybody more info on this 'new' company who is advertising on PPRuNe with the following ad.

Up and coming UK scheduled Airline, seeks dedicated, enthusiastic pilots
Min req. :JAA Frozen ATPL, 1000 hrs TT and 250 ME PIC. Previous Air Taxi/Charter experience essential,
preferably to include single-pilot ops. Must be willing to relocate at own expense and be available immediately.

Cheers JB

wobblyprop
5th Oct 2004, 14:36
I'd been pondering the same thing. Bit dubious about the hotmail address.

aces low
5th Oct 2004, 16:26
Not necessarily fishy, but sounds to me like single pilot ops...given the requirements. I know of some 'scheduled airlines' doing this ...including one out of blackpool - IOM. What strikes me as strange is that if you already have the air taxi experience, why move sideways a lot and upwards only a little?

Only a thought.

Craggenmore
6th Oct 2004, 04:43
It is totally legit and its for Rockhopper Airlines, based in Alderney, Channel Islands.

They have just employed an Oxford Grad to work in Ops. It is the same email address that was handed out to Oxford grads so they could go and apply for that position, (although Oxford gave the address as hotline.com! Typical Oxford efficiency!)

Craggs

Chuffer Chadley
6th Oct 2004, 15:31
Afternoon!

As a rummage around the pprune advertisers has not turned up anything, nor has a trawl through the Rockhopper website- anybody fancy giving out the email address?

Well aware that the horse officially bolted some time ago, I will proceed to secure the entrance to the stable.

Cheerio
CC

[edited as I gave away my real name! The horror!]

eyeinthesky
7th Oct 2004, 09:56
The email address was: [email protected]

Don't be so suspicious! Have you thought that the address might just be a way of keeping relevant job applications apart from other email business to the company? If you don't have the minimum requirements, then I wouldn't bother applying.

QUOTE:
Not necessarily fishy, but sounds to me like single pilot ops...given the requirements. I know of some 'scheduled airlines' doing this ...including one out of blackpool - IOM. What strikes me as strange is that if you already have the air taxi experience, why move sideways a lot and upwards only a little?
UNQUOTE

Fine, if you don't want the job, there are many who will. A reason might however be to move away from air taxi to scheduled airline work. Also, you may have seen in the aviation press a few months back that Rockhopper have had a cash injection from a hotel company, so fleet expansion might well be on the cards.

Of course, if you want to sit back and wait for Big Airlines to beat a path to your door rather than getting a foothold in the market, then feel free...:rolleyes: