PDA

View Full Version : MAS Expat hire ?

gatwickflyer
4th Oct 2004, 18:17
Who do we apply to ?

Very sorry to hear about all the trouble and unhappiness at MAS.
I enjoyed 3 pretty happy years at MAS , still have my Malaysian ATPL . I would have stayed if we had been made a little more welcome by the 'powers'. The day Double Oh One ( you work it out) was replaced by the misguided men from M Helicopters when they 'bought' MAS from the state was the beginning of the end.
The aircraft were fantastic ( straight out of the box ) the cabin crew amazing , the training / simulators world class , virtually all flight deck crew good value, but the 'politics' very sad . ( By the way , I have worked for some of the worlds best airlines but all , without exception are managed by t*****s , which is the curse of aviation I am afraid ).
When they needed crew to fly the 747 Classics that were being Freighterised , and the NATIONALS did not want to fly them , a few of us expats approached a senior manager and suggested we be trained ( and bonded if necessary ) to fly them at same contract rates we had for flying 737's. We would have signed new 3 year contracts ( and bonds ) , MAS would have had 'cheap' crews , we would have had 3 years to build hours on widebody's , we were already 'in situ' and enjoyed settled happy lives in that beautiful country. In short , everyone was a winner.
But no lah ,it all sounded far too suspicious and 'expats were not allowed to fly widebodies' , so in the end they hired new 747 qualified expats at far greater expense to do the job. We all left for other airlines offering widebody commands shortly after !!

But if they want to pay me USD 10,000 pm to fly I will be back like a flash.

Names and contact numbers please.

satumare
9th Oct 2004, 11:01
USD 10,000? Nobody would have left like a flood if that's true. Stay where you are mate,you'll be happier,much happier.

PIA747
9th Oct 2004, 17:03
gatwickflyer,
When did MAS hire on the 747 Classic? are they planning to hire again?