PDA

View Full Version : MS Outlook Problem

longarm
4th Oct 2004, 09:07
My MS Outlook has suddenly started playing up. When I try to send/receive I get a box saying "the operation failed". Can anybody shed and light on what could be causing this. I've not changed any settings recently so I'm at a loss to know whats wrong.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
4th Oct 2004, 12:19
longarm,

Without any more detail, I can only guess (using the dart board method), humm..... according to the darts - either you are not online or your POP and/or SMTP Server info is incorrect or has the wrong password.

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. Try creating another email account in OL and see if it will access your email.

longarm
4th Oct 2004, 13:22
I've deleted my previous accounts and then recreated a new account. The test runs okay and I do receive the test emails. It seems to be when I do a manual send/receive that the message (operation failed) appears. The broadband connection is online so I don't think it's anything to do with that. Any more ideas?

Naples Air Center, Inc.
4th Oct 2004, 13:30
longarm,

It could be that there is more than one account in OL. When you manually check, the second account is what is giving you the error. (I would delete all accounts except for the one account that you know is correct.)

Make double sure you do not have a default account or something else in OL.

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. If that does not work, you would uninstall OL and then reinstall it.