PDA

View Full Version : Role Disposal Rumours

5 Forward 6 Back
4th Oct 2004, 08:55
I'm still a few flights away from the stage where I'll be role disposed, but the stories and rumours floating back from mates and other, perhaps less trustworthy, sources are a bit odd. Anyone know what's going on?

Been assured that single-seat's a bit of a no-go right now, and likely to remain so for at least a year or thereabouts. Apparently the Navy have filled/are filling all our GR9 slots :)

My collection of Jag rumours ranges from 3 slots for "special" people over the next couple of years, to nope, 16(R)'s closed its doors.

Depending on who I listen to, Typhoon will/won't be taking ab-intio blokes (or girlies) from day one. And if it will, there are stories about there being 1 slot a year for the first 3, or was that 3 on each course.....? :)

Anyone know what's going on? Still a bit away from it, but assuming I don't get chopped, I fancy knowing what I should set my sights on.

Maybe I should have been a creamie :ok:

Barn Doors
4th Oct 2004, 10:02
Maybe passing the course! (only kidding, but keep working hard)

There isn't a bad fast-jet job and you'll have a great time whatever you get posted to (except the F3! - It's great......for airshows, when it goes to the right place!)

Just keep telling them where you want to go!

BD

5 Forward 6 Back
6th Oct 2004, 13:17
Oh don't worry, still working hard :)

There must be some people reading this who are up on what's going on though, surely....?

Head to Earth
6th Oct 2004, 16:30
Give a guy a break! It's a simple question from someone who gives a damn about his future! As for 'the old fashioned way', I can't remember anyone who didn't put a bit of thought into their Role Disposal.

I say believe all the rumours - besides, that is what this network is all about... C'mon OCU staff?

Barn Doors has got a point though - about the F3! And no, you should never fret about not being a creamie:E

tu chan go
7th Oct 2004, 06:28
Why don't you phone up the Sqn that will be role disposing you and get the answers (not rumours!) straight from the source. The slots available are not secret! 19(F) may be known as 'The Fear' but they are human (well, most of them!) They WILL tell you what is available.