PDA

View Full Version : Digital Logbook / Logbook on PC

buzzzybee
3rd Oct 2004, 12:27
Hi,

I would like to maintain my flight time on computer. CAn you please tell me which is the best software to use and where can i get it?

buzzzybee

No_Speed_Restriction
3rd Oct 2004, 12:33
SKYLOG PRO

You can order it from Transair or from:

www.skylogservices.co.uk

its also recognised by CAA/JAR/FAA. I used to use the old paper logbook but, due to lazyness and the fact my typing is so much better than my handwriting i switched to SKYLOG PRO. Its about £60.Well worth it.

Hey, all this advertising I should be on commission :p

Old Smokey
3rd Oct 2004, 14:51
I used to do the same until I had a hard disk crash. Thankfully I'd kept a parallel log book.

Suggest you maintain a parallel paper log book until you become a captain, some sod somewhere will always want to see your log book/s whenever you're upgrading.

mazzy1026
3rd Oct 2004, 15:54
I'm in the process of developing my own system which will allow me to enter flight details, it will then produce reports for total lfight time etc. It will eventually do everything that SkyLog will do, and perhaps more, however the beauty of SkyLog is that it is recognised by the CAA as official documentation (or so it says on the product). If you are any goof with Excel or Access for example, try keeping a log that way if you are not interested in producing lovely looking reports - that way it is still an electronic backup.

Regards

Maz

pilson
12th Feb 2006, 11:29
I'm in the process of developing my own system
Hey did you get it finished and can I have a look?
I made some software for this too http://www.logsource.org It is free for all to use.

Big_Johnno
12th Feb 2006, 15:52
If you loose your log book or it is destroyed what happens to all your ratings and hour? Are you back to square one again as there is no record then of what you have done. The testers (ATO's) of course will have your ratings on file but what about your hours?
john

Keith Discovering
14th Feb 2006, 08:11
Well I've tried to use Pilots Pal but it's fraught with problems (it seems, according to the developer, only for me). The support is excellent though, but I'd rather have it work with no glitches than constantly upgrading and contacting support. :{

I'd appreciate a good recommend too. Does Skylog work OK with Pocket PC?

Thanks for your help

KD

uplock
14th Feb 2006, 18:10
KD check out Log Book Pro http://www.logbookpro.com

Keeps crewing honest and you can also sync with your PDA or Palm they also have online support videos and web forum is excellent if you get stuck

Keith Discovering
14th Feb 2006, 19:43
Thanks uplock...but i need a JAA / UK programme really, unless you know if they accept logbook pro print outs for my records?

Thanks again

Keith

roundwego
14th Feb 2006, 20:28
Try http://www.pilot-ebook.com/

fleecy
4th Mar 2006, 16:46
Can anyone comment on how the web-based system offered at www.pilotlog.co.uk compares with Skylog Pro, apart from the obvious difference that pilotlog is web-based?
Thanks

arrighi
27th Mar 2006, 07:19
Thanks alot

Wing Commander Fowler
28th Mar 2006, 12:22
Keith

I have been using ********* for over a year now and like you, had some glitches at the beginning but as you say the excellent support got me through it. When it's finally running it IS an ace piece of kit!

Lord Lucan
29th Mar 2006, 05:59
Or you could save yourself the money and make up an Excel document which holds the same page format as your favourite paper log book. Setting it up to do the basic sums for you is pretty easy, - though if you want to know how many night hours you flew in King Airs in 1998 you will have to be a bit more creative!

But the old paper log book didn't do that too well either.

MightyGem
29th Mar 2006, 08:08
Yes, a spreadsheet works well for me, as a backup to my normal logbook.

Keith Discovering
1st Apr 2006, 05:10
Would someone please send me a copy of their spreadsheet please? Excel only means little rectangular blocks and lines to me... :uhoh: