PDA

View Full Version : Queenair info sought

Beechsim
3rd Oct 2004, 09:49
I'm building a home simulator out of a scrapped Beechcraft Queenair.

I'm looking for info or pictures, especially of the instrument panel and in particular the sub panel of this aircraft or any other Queenair.

The registration number is G-KEAB, formally G-BSSL,G-BFEP and F-BRNR. Operated by Touchstone and also by Baylee air charter.

pablo
3rd Oct 2004, 14:53
Hi!

Well... maybe you've already tried it but... www.airliners.net is full of pics. Maybe you find one that suits you.

In the POH, there should be something like the schematic of the instrument panel, glareshield, CB's, etc..

At AOPA or pages like those you may find pilots and owners willing yo help you.

Other thing I recall is that some aircraft makers for flight simulator and so got info from the real maker of the airplane. Why don't you try e-mailing Raytheon?

I hope this info helps you!!!

Good luck and keep us informed about the progress!!!

Pablo

Beechsim
4th Oct 2004, 17:27
Hi, Thanks for that.

I've tried airliners.net already and the POH is pretty poor, since I need close up details .

Will keep looking.

Aerohack
6th Oct 2004, 11:22
Here's a poor shot (from a Beech brochure) of a 1966 Queen Air B80's panel as it came out of the factory. Your '67 model wouldn't have been so very different. You best bet is probably to get hold of a copy of a contemporary magazine (Flying, Business & Commercial Aviation) for a flight test report that would have had a panel picture.

http://img2.exs.cx/img2/466/66B80.jpg