PDA

View Full Version : Pilot & Instructor Wanted 1916

Milt
3rd Oct 2004, 06:28
Pilot Wanted 1916

Copy of letter inviting D Badgery to be first Australian Civil Flying Instructor.
Delfosse Badgery first flew with the Hendon UK Flying School in 1913. His first flight/solo in a Caudron wing warper is described in the thread
"From Zero to Forty Five - My PPL Diary"

PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT NSW
SYDNEY 28 January 1916.

Dear Sir:

NEW SOUTH WALES AVIATION SCHOOL.

It has now been finally decided to establish a School of Aviation. in New South Wales in connection with which applications are now being called in the public Press for qualified Instructor & lecturer, and Pilot, commencing salary £400 and £350 respectively per annum. Applications close at 2.30 o'clock on the 18th February 1916 and are to be marked "Aviation" and addressed to me, Executive Member, Management Committee, New South Wales Aviation School, C/o Public Works Department, Phillip Street, Sydney.

I shall be glad if you will make application in the usual way, and if found necessary the question of' releasing you from your present engagement will be a matter for later adjustment.

Yours faithfully,

Executive Member,
Committee of Management.

Lieut. Delfosse Badgery,
Central Flying School,
LAVERTON, VICTORIA.

Kermit 180
4th Oct 2004, 20:01
£400 and £350 respectively per annum. Applications close at 2.30 o'clock on the 18th February 1916

Suppose it's too late to apply then, could sure do with the money!

Kerms ;)