PDA

View Full Version : Handy guide to UK Fuel prices and pilots comments

EESDL
2nd Oct 2004, 17:02
Taking the 'Airport - pants' thread one stage further; is there a budding IT genius who can collate the growing amount of info, recent users' comments, recent fuel prices etc that us rotorheads are furnishing into one easily accesible (and updatable) web page?

Such as

Place: Breighton, Selby
Date: Sep 04
Jet A1: 0.37/ltre ex vat
AVGAS:
VISA: Yes
Fees: Waivered
RRRF: No
Comments: Slow pumps but you can leave them to it. Pre-note via 129.8 if able. Cafe/office 20 yards away. V convenient and V friendly.

Place: White Waltham
Jet A1: 0.61/ltre ex vat
AVGAS:
Fees: Landing charges applied
RRRF: Yes
Comments: Nil as didn't use them at that price!!

Place: Fairoaks
Jet A1: 0.45
Fees: Sliding scale £30 for AS355
RRRF: No
Comments: Short walk to C, heli friendly, quick

etc etc

Tony Chambers
2nd Oct 2004, 17:57
i sent u a PM and would like to see such a site containing the info

VeeAny
3rd Oct 2004, 10:54
I've been working on something that does just this, in the last few months.

I can't let it out in the public domain yet as it uses some info that is only obtainable commercially (ie from another company)

The intention is to allow the non subscribed users access to a subset of the info and updating fuel prices is one of those things.

The other problem is can I link to it from pprune as some regular contributors have been admonished for links to commercial sites, Heliport what do you reckon ?

It does do nearest fuel by price and distance from your landing site amongst other things, notams weather etc.

If i get the time i may release the non commercial bits into the PD, but it needs a bit of work to do this.

EESDL
3rd Oct 2004, 14:55
Sounds like exactly the sort of thing that I (and others) could be after.
Come on Heliport, sort it out.......this is information originally asked for by a fellow rotorhead.

In the meantime, how about PM'ing me!!

Col
3rd Oct 2004, 18:31
I could put something together if Vee's stuff can't come out into public domain...

Any other feature requests?!

MBJ
3rd Oct 2004, 18:32
Its a good idea although we don't often have much choice about where to refuel outside of the South East.

61p at White Waltham? (Aargh!) BUT they do it rotors running and that's very useful sometimes - wish more places did it.

Heliport
5th Oct 2004, 02:02
Good idea. :ok:

Although the owners of PPRune don't allow links to comercial/business websites - yes, I know some slip through in this and other forums - because PPRuNe needs advertising revenue to provide this 'free to end-user' website for pilots, there are other options:

(1) We could let this run as a 'Handy Guide to Helipads and Airports' thread which people can update as and when they have new information.

(2) If someone with his/her own website is happy to donate a page to help us, we could use that.
eg:
Imabell (Graeme Gillies) the owner of Blue Tongue Helicopter Services Australia and John Eacott who owns The Helicopter Service Australia have both very kindly set aside a part of their business websites to host pictures for us. The links are direct to the information pages, not via the commercial part of their sites, so there's no problem.

Just a couple of suggestions - I'm open to ideas.
Providing the link is direct and not via a page selling something or plugging a business or another website, there should be no problem.

Is anyone happy to help by hosting an information page for us?

Heliport

Col
5th Oct 2004, 07:56
I'm happy to host it and set something up. If everyone's agreed on what they want to see, no problem. ie which fields to search by, who can ammend data etc etc

Any ideas for the future would be good to have prior to development...