PDA

View Full Version : Where did the sticky of ultimate list of software....

Ray Darr
2nd Oct 2004, 16:40
...go??
:ugh:

Please re-"stick" it, and I mean that in the politest form of context!!

Cheers,
~R.D.

amanoffewwords
2nd Oct 2004, 17:03
It was flushed down here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126383&highlight=ultimate+list+software)

flapsforty
2nd Oct 2004, 20:01
The list of Frequently Asked Questions at the top of the forum contains among others, a link to the thread you are looking for.
It pays to read FAQs! ;)

Evo
2nd Oct 2004, 21:02
I didn't think that I had made it that hard to find...! :)

It has been pointed out that some forums, this one included, had acquired quite a collection of sticky threads. All very worthwhile topics, but they cluttered up the forum, obscured short-term 'warning' stickys and were really much better collected in a FAQ (suggestions for other threads welcome, by the way).

From now on, other stickys will be either short-term warnings (e.g. the JPEG bug) which will disappear into the depths of the forum once I figure people have had a chance to see them, or threads that will eventually be moved into the FAQ but need a bit of exposure first (e.g. Liam's Ad-Aware thread).

HTH

Ray Darr
3rd Oct 2004, 05:55
Evo / other Mods:

The Computer/Internet Forum is excellent and well-used. Because of the importance of the different subjects, it's good to see a "Master Sticky" that now redirects FAQ's to another page where the lists are kept. Many of these topics are excellent resources, regardless of how long ago it was posted.

Keep up the great work here. It's one of the best computer resources on the web!

Cheers,
~R.D.
:ok: