PDA

View Full Version : to type or not to type????

jocksaway69
1st Oct 2004, 21:55
Well guys am still coming to KL in June 2005..... Have 3000 ish hours mostly single/piston/turbine. Have read alot of posts suggesting type rated pilots would have better chance at interview/job.

Question is will the companies is Maylasia take a type rating for 737-200 from USA or would they want a type rating of there choice.
Help please as it's a lot of $$$$$ and really don't have it to waste. (Like anyone does huh!!!!)
Safe flying guys

Left Wing
2nd Oct 2004, 03:36
Give Air Asia a call and ask them what they want & do us all a huge favour post it here. :ok:

Virtual Reality
3rd Oct 2004, 13:53
Don't know about Air Asia but Transmile Air might be interested. Try to find out from http://www.transmile.com

PK-KAR
5th Nov 2004, 18:03
Air Asia takes in 732 rated pilots with 732 hours and convert them to 733s... got a couple of friends gone that way... But don't expect western payscales!
I dunno about only having a 732 rating... if you want to only have the rating and not the 737 hrs, go for 733 ratings for a safer bet (if money is no object)...

PK-KAR

jocksaway69
6th Nov 2004, 00:17
Thanks for the info.... think I may just wait till I get there as caravan pay does not convert to doing a type rating where I come from...... not on a western pay scale in central america either. Still can't have everything do have the sun and the sea and all that goes with it ;)

If anyone does have any advice on rating before arriving in KL still keen to hear.

Cheers