PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Scan 5400 problems.

Gonzo
1st Oct 2004, 12:11
Hi all,

Just got a Minolta Scan 5400 film scanner, but I'm having problems getting it set up. I follow the software install instructions no problem, but when I come to load up the Minolta Scan utility software, it doesn't recognise the scanner and eventually comes up with an error wondow:

"Error = 4
Could not confirm scanner connection. Please check scanner connection."

Now this is with version 1.1.2 of the software that came with the scanner, but it also happens with version 1.1.5 that I downloaded from the website. It's not the USB cable or anything, as it's all being recognised under Windows XP's Device manager, and it says it's working properly.

Looking at the net there have been quite a few other who've suffered this problem, but I can't find a solution anywhere. This is my first port of call before I head off to Minolta.

Anyone got a 5400 who can give me a few pointers?

Gonzo
1st Oct 2004, 19:20
Thanks Speechless Two.

I've heard that the 5400 is very critical with this also, but I did it all according to the manual.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
2nd Oct 2004, 22:18
Gonzo,

Can you access the scanner though Window Scanner Wizard?

Take Care,

Richard

Gonzo
3rd Oct 2004, 17:46
Thanks Richard, I didn't think of that. I'll try it when I get my scanner back. I lent it to my brother yesterday, and apparently he has no problems with it at all on his PIII Compaq Laptop...thus the scanner is not faulty. I need to get a Firewire card for another application, so I'll see if it prefers that!

Naples Air Center, Inc.
3rd Oct 2004, 18:01
Gonzo,

Let us know what happens.

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. The Firewire will help with the transfer rate to the computer. ;)

Simtech
4th Oct 2004, 19:21
Hi Gonzo,

Not a lot of use to you, but I use a 5400 with a Firewire interface under Windows XP Home edition. I've had no problems with that combination - I only get an error if I switch the scanner on before booting the PC.

Gonzo
4th Oct 2004, 22:18
Thanks, Firewire works fine, no problems at all.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
4th Oct 2004, 23:15
Gonzo,

That is great news! :ok:

Take Care,

Richard