PDA

View Full Version : People in big hats having meetings

whowhenwhy
30th Sep 2004, 18:59
Anyone know why CAS called the shortish-notice meeting for everyone with big hats today? Don't suppose it was to spread any glad tidings? Or am I just being cynical in my every increasing decrepitude?

Red Line Entry
30th Sep 2004, 19:37
Were the Russians and the Australians there then? Do the Kiwis also have those daft SD hats that look like blue covered tennis raquets?

4fitter
1st Oct 2004, 09:01
You should be getting a brief from your staish. We have.

farefield
1st Oct 2004, 09:59
Perhaps they think Bliar might peg it with his dicky heart!

OKOC
1st Oct 2004, 10:27
4fitter

Would you mind outlining what the staish told you?

JessTheDog
1st Oct 2004, 12:03
Maybe hat sizes are being reduced as a cost-saving measure?

I had a flash of inspiration!

Picture the scene. CAS and the Air Force Board, after a meeting of the Defence Council. "Gentlemen, we have just discussed the negative effects that the cost-saving measures are having on the morale of the Armed Forces. Consequently we have to set an example ourselves, as leaders of our people. Therefore we will have to identify high-visibility cutbacks we can make ourselves. This is what I suggest: firstly; no more staff cars and drivers - we can use MT Vectras the same as anyone else. Secondly, we will need to reduce the number of star-rank officers. Thirdly, we will need to reduce the number of staff in our outer offices and residences - we can use the Mess staff for official functions, and merge the roles of PSO and ADC....." For the rest of us, onwards to the Stn Gym, post-embargo, for delivery of a Restricted-Management Brief, outlining the above.

On second thoughts, maybe not.....

Hueymeister
1st Oct 2004, 12:32
So come on then.....I live outside the normal news circles out here..what's happening?

Ripline
1st Oct 2004, 12:39
Picture the scene. CAS and the Air Force Board, after a meeting of the Defence Council. "Gentlemen, we have just discussed the negative effects that the cost-saving measures are having on the morale of the Armed Forces. Consequently we have to set an example ourselves, as leaders of our people. Therefore we will have to identify high-visibility cutbacks we can make ourselves. This is what I suggest: firstly; no more staff cars and drivers - we can use MT Vectras the same as anyone else. Secondly, we will need to reduce the number of star-rank officers. Thirdly, we will need to reduce the number of staff in our outer offices and residences - we can use the Mess staff for official functions, and merge the roles of PSO and ADC....." For the rest of us, onwards to the Stn Gym, post-embargo, for delivery of a Restricted-Management Brief, outlining the above.

But no, wait - we've just decided that the best morale-booster would be to bring out a New Air Staff Officer uniform....

Ok, the civvy is back off to JB, where he belong. :E

whowhenwhy
1st Oct 2004, 14:28
Come on 4fitter, what's going on? Some of us don't have access to info as easily as others.

Jess, you're a obviously a total fruit loop whose happy hour started too soon. You'll be suggesting that they get rid of their nice chairs in MoD next. Of course that would be a fantastic example of smart procurement, so that's bound to be happening next week then!

bondo
1st Oct 2004, 16:50
Where has 4fitter gone when you need a good dose of depression to take into the weekend. Goddam it man the suspense is killing me...............oh I think I know the answer, the rumours are true!

1st Oct 2004, 17:10
HHmmmmmmm..leadership.....I do remember them mentioning that at Cranners many years ago.....I'm still waiting to see any from 'senior management'. They prefer to assume that everyone who works for them is an idle, useless shirker to be treated with contempt.

sangiovese.
1st Oct 2004, 18:28
Don't suppose the meeting had anything to do with this?

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/87c01926-1321-11d9-b869-00000e2511c8.html

soddim
1st Oct 2004, 18:30
Whatever CAS was wittering about cannot be important - otherwise it would have appeared on prune first.

Sunfish
3rd Oct 2004, 21:24
The floggings will continue till morale improves?