PDA

View Full Version : Madrid - pilot supplies

LGB
30th Sep 2004, 08:27
I am going to Madrid for a few weeks, and wondered where in the area of Barajas one could buy pilot supplies?

Thank you

richiya
1st Oct 2004, 18:40
Madrid lacks any real pilot shops, the only ones I know are in the cuatro vientos airport, there is one in the terminal building and another in the office building near by. Good luck

LGB
1st Oct 2004, 21:28
THank you for the answer, Richiya, but where does when then go to buy headsets, charts and other pilot supplies, when living/staying in Madrid?

I will try these two shops, though, thanks.

peb
2nd Oct 2004, 12:21
There is other one in Gran Via.
The one from LECU is too expensive.

Good luck

Bubble
2nd Oct 2004, 21:15
SYEAR
Gran Via, 69
Madrid

Phone # 915400642

Try these one. Itīs the one Peb mentioned. If you get no answer on that number, I may be able to get you a mobile one
:ok:

LGB
3rd Oct 2004, 07:44
Bubble, if you could just tell me if they have normal opening hours or what - I assume they have Siesta?

Thank you all for answering

Bubble
3rd Oct 2004, 14:01
I donīt know about "normal" opening hours or siesta, but I can tell you that some times you may have some trouble trying to get through on the phone. Thatīs why I said if you have to much trouble and no answer on that phone, I may be able to get you a mobile number.

Regards,

LGB
3rd Oct 2004, 17:30
Bubble, I just wanted to drop by and browse the shop, so the phone need not be open as long as I know when they are open. Some pilot shops are low volume sales type with limited opening hours, ie some days closed all day.

They wiuldn't have a home page or an email address, would they? Have found the location, less than 10 km from where I stay, so that's OK.

Thank you

Bubble
5th Oct 2004, 19:16
Iīve just posted the phone number so that you can check with them before hand, opening hours and if they have what you are looking for at a competitive price :ok: