PDA

View Full Version : B47 Swims In Whitsundys

TORQUEMETER
30th Sep 2004, 01:33
JUST HEARD THAT A B47 WENT FOR A SWIM IN THE WHITSUNDAYS. NO ONE INJURED. ANYONE KNOW ANY MORE??

TM

deeper
30th Sep 2004, 03:11
I have heard that it was on a flight from Shute Harbour to Long Island Resort when some air got into the fuel line somehow:O :O

The tail rotor came into contact with the water but no other damage was done and it was towed to shore on its permanent floats.

The aircraft had just been cross hired from its North Queensland owner, a mustering company, as the Whitsundays operators own two KH4's had become time ex. Hmmmmm.;) ;)

bellsux
1st Oct 2004, 01:27
Is this the same bloke who has been looking for someone to buy into his company as a financial partner? If so it does make me wonder about how CASA looks apon these hand to mouth operators who operate on a shoesting budget and drag the rest of the industry down. Don't get me wrong everyone has to start somewhere but if you don't have enough money to overhaul your clapped out machines maybe you should invest in a Jim's Lawnmowing franchise instead.

rotaryman
1st Oct 2004, 02:22
..Ummm bellsux!!

You seem to assume a lot there big fella! Didnt someone mention to much air to Fuel ratio?? that being the case what does it matter about his clapped out machines? it was a crossed hired machine that got wet!

Who was the Pilot ? are the Operator and Pilot one in the same ?

Seems they couln't afford to put fuel in the machine..Ummmmmm
:ok:

bellsux
1st Oct 2004, 05:51
what the... maybe next time I post a reply I should use single syllable words and big letters (as I can't remember writing anything about the details of the accident) just so rotaryman can understand it.

rotaryman
1st Oct 2004, 09:05
...Bellsux::

Quite obviously you don't understand what your posting so let me remind you shall I ?

Is this the same bloke who has been looking for someone to buy into his company as a financial partner? If so it does make me wonder about how CASA looks apon these hand to mouth operators who operate on a shoesting budget and drag the rest of the industry down. Don't get me wrong everyone has to start somewhere but if you don't have enough money to overhaul your clapped out machines maybe you should invest in a Jim's Lawnmowing franchise instead.

1) So what does a Clapped out machine have to do with running out of fuel ?

2) Same with Jims lawn mowing ?? WTF ??

3) or a shoe sting budget! your spelling not mine!

Seems to me that if i own a Helicopter Business i need machines that can fly Duhh! As DEEPER has said The aircraft had just been cross hired from its North Queensland owner, a mustering company, as the Whitsundays operators own two KH4's had become time ex. Hmmmmm.

so Operator aquires cross hired machine..
seems o.k so far!

Bellsux says !
Don't get me wrong everyone has to start somewhere but if you don't have enough money to overhaul your clapped out machines maybe you should invest in a Jim's Lawnmowing franchise instead.

also wondering how that fits in to the scene?? Operator didn't invest in Jims lawn mowing but he did cross hire another machine......

Umm please explain to us bellsux what you believe the operator should have done??

umm just gone broke!! LOL i know many succesful Aviation company's that operate with only Cross hired machines! they do very well..
So maybe this operator should sell his time ex machines and get himself some decent pilots and get on with it with cross hired Helicopters?
As for understanding!! bellsux,, i understand very well thank you!
Should we not look to the pilot in command? or as i previously posted are the pilot and operator the same??

The post was about a Bell47 getting its bum wet due it seems from a fuel air mix problem: ie to much air not enough fuel....You chose bellsux to hijack the thread..... get a life...
:ok::E

GroundGirl
1st Oct 2004, 15:54
Is that another argument after incident I see spiralling out of control :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pappa Smurf
2nd Oct 2004, 03:18
Bellsux is on the right track but maybe worded it wrong.

The add for a partner ran for 6 months and i dont think it was a percentage of the operation.
It was ---buy one of their choppers(therefore fork out a fortune on a rebuild) or bring your own B47 or R44.

To me ,having 2 B47 on ex time is either poor management or as it seems,not having the readies.
If it was a good deal would it still being advertised(as of last month).

As far as the crosshire one wetting its backside has nothing to do with the subject really,although that was the original post.

I believe the flying hours were 30-40 a month,and what percentage of the $$$$ you kept i dont know.

If it was a 50/50 partnership,then buying into it(name ,licences etc etc) there could be light at the end of the tunnel.

Bellsux,s comment of operating on a shoestring budget and bringing a bad name to the industry doesnt contribute to this incident.

The 2 B47,have probably been maintained perfectly,and is a A1 operation.

Only thing i can read into it is------overheads are to high ,or not enough moola was put into rebuild account.

Its only my opinion

rotaryman
2nd Oct 2004, 06:49
... It seems some people forget that its the Small operators in the Aviation Business in Australia that give most Low hour Pilots that big break!!

But all to Quick to mouth off when it suits them........

The Original post was about a Bell47 getting wet!! NOT the company operating the machine or wether or not the operator applied good business sense in allowing both machines to go time ex!!
And who cares how long this operator advertised for a business partner! so ******* what!..................

What about thanking the bloke for having a Go!! or does bellsux have some other agenda!
Lets look at why this machine got wet!.....................................

SMOUFW
2nd Oct 2004, 07:09
bellsux, what a strange user name..... particularly when you have listed 2 x bell helicopters in your profile.

P.S - 206 & 206L are one in the same!!!:O

DownDraught
2nd Oct 2004, 07:33
People should stop and think before the post, this isn't a quiet pub, reputations are everything in this game!

I read bellsux's post to mean that the operator was ripping off all and sundry and profiteering from it without following the rules and that this sort of thing was bound to happen. He basically shot his mouth off.

People, and it seems to be getting worse, seem to be assuming things a lot more, in this case "these hand to mouth operators" is an assumption, "operate on a shoesting budget" is an assumption, and "overhaul your clapped out machines" is an assumption.

While this sort of thing goes on, I think bellsux's intent is misplaced!

And to bellsux, what if thiis operator was doing quite well but had to cover 50 000 bucks or so worth of medical bills for his daughter all of a sudden. If you don't know the facts, shutup, if you do know the facts, say so!

rotaryman
2nd Oct 2004, 08:11
.....Ummm Seems i am not alone in my thinking!! :ok: :ok: :ok:

masteroff
2nd Oct 2004, 09:41
Good call by all, jeez, damage a machine and people will rip u to threads. No wonder a lot of minor accidents are not reported.........:suspect:

Gotagivitago
6th Oct 2004, 09:45
Such hostility rotaryman. Can't help wonder if rotaryman and the operator aren't one and the same person !........Hi Pete....

rotaryman
6th Oct 2004, 11:08
Not a Bad Assumtion gotagivitago,, But remember to never assume!! i'm sure you know why..:)

No i am not the person or Operator in Question but have been a former Owner/Operator and get sick of people Bagging Operators all the Bloody time..

Like i have said previously its the small operators that give the Majority of Pilots their first break into the Industry, Yes there are a few that should not be in Business, But get the facts correct before you tar them all with the same brush....

Nigel Osborn
7th Oct 2004, 00:17
I don't know if the owner of 'that company' was the pilot but if he was, he was not inexperienced.
About 14 years ago, as a very new pilot, he was endorsed on the S76 and flew in the EMS role and then offshore in the Bass Strait. After that he flew a 206 on marine pilot transfer duties day & night without any dramas.
In other words he now has at least 14 years of single & twin turbine time plus piston time and I believe this is his first serious incident, for reasons unknown. He is keen as hell and I am quite sure he did his best to run a good company, so let's not sound off until all the details are known.