PDA

View Full Version : Edexcel Btec or Avtech2000?

kilobravo
29th Sep 2004, 13:50
If anyone has done either of those courses, could they provide any background info. Which one has best rep. and is likely to get me to at least talk to someone about employment once completed. A pilot once told me that dispatch could be done as a summer job by any university students! I found that a bit hard to believe as I am sure this type of work, ie loading sheets, planning etc. does require some degree of competence and responsibility. Anyway which course if any do you reckon?
Cheers

tall and tasty
29th Sep 2004, 21:08
Did not do either of the courses but did work through the company I worked for for 8 months before I got to despatch. They like people who understand the problems in other areas to beable to cope when there are major problems on line.

Too 2 weeks to train up once in despatch and load control and then it was hands on and learn all the extras as you worked. Highly recommend it as a career. Unfornately my circumstances changed or I would be back like a shot.

Hope this helps

TnT

kilobravo
30th Sep 2004, 07:31
Thanks TnT,

I take it its about getting your foot in the door first.
Good luck where you are at.

bigbadcol
13th Oct 2004, 16:40
I now work as dispatcher at EGLL and got the job by doing my exams with avtech great people there, if you want more info then send me a pvt msg and il get back to you.

Rachie
14th Oct 2004, 21:40
I do to EDEXCEL BTEC

It can give you entry into pretty much any field..

I've been led to believe that getting into dispatch is usually a promotion from passenger handling, but we've got the oppourtunity to go in direct

PapaRomeo
7th Nov 2004, 10:40
rachie,

just curious but which company have u got the chance to go straight into despatch with?

Rachie
11th Nov 2004, 20:05
It's just what we've been led to believe - to be honest I don't believe it

PapaRomeo
13th Nov 2004, 10:16
rachie

I went from college straight into dispatch at ncl and we take people on with no experience every year so what uve been told could well be true!

bigbadcol
14th Nov 2004, 17:13
I went in to dispatch off the street and only done the c and g ops and dispatch.