PDA

View Full Version : Interesting traffic in Cork yesterday evening....

eoinok
29th Sep 2004, 08:38
Hi all, apologies to the moderators if this is the wrong place to be posting this......

I noticed last night that there was an interesting aircraft departing Cork last night at 19.30. It was calling as BBD6809 and was down on the teletext departures as destined for Keflavik.
Research has shown that Keflavik is in Iceland! There is no arrivals info for this aircraft so does anyone have any idea's what it was doing there?

This leads me to one or two questions I have been wanting to ask for a while.
1. Is there any where on the web where I could view a flight plan for departures and arrivals from a given airport on a particular day. It would be great if this included chartered and private a/c
2. Where could I look up airlines flight codes? In this case, BBD??

As a side note, I heard EI 689 from Barcelona circle ork last night for about 45 minutes before diverting to Shannon (poor sods!). Listening to ATC it seems that visibilty was between "400 to 500" (i assume meters?) and the EI pilot was saying "we will try to come in again if it increases to 650"
I assume that this was nothing to do with the ILS problems on 17 in Cork as I heard aircraft earlier in the night land on ILS approach to 17. It was probably just fog?

Globaliser
29th Sep 2004, 09:54
This site is a good resource for this sort of query - http://www.airlinecodes.co.uk/

It shows the following for BBD:-
IATA Code: BF
ICAO Code: BBD
Known As: Bluebird Cargo
Full Name: Bluebird Cargo Ltd.
Callsign: Blue Cargo
Web Site: www.bluebirdcargo.com

That would fit with the Icelandic destination - the website says they're based at KEF.

eoinok
29th Sep 2004, 10:24
Thanks a bunch Globaliser for the link. I have book marked it straight away!

Now all I need I think is a site that give's a daily flight plan in and out of various airports!
I dont ask for much now do i? :)