PDA

View Full Version : Cayman Islands Air Taxi/Executive Jet??

C550jockey
29th Sep 2004, 08:27
Hi All,
I am hoping to re-locate/semi retire to the Cayman Islands mid 2005.

I am aware of the obvious presence of Cayman Airways and also Island Air.....but can anyone tell me if there are any independent Air Taxi or Executive Jet operators on Grand Cayman?

I am considering purchasing a Cessna 421C for my own personal use, but might consider putting this on an AOC if there is a requirement there? Another alternative would be to operate as a complete new "start-up" operation, if this were possible(?).

Also, with close on a thousand hours on Citations, are there any privately operated Biz jets based down there that would be welcome of another crew member?.... (Type Rated C500/550/560 &C501/551).

Any information would be helpful. IM's welcome.

Many thanks.

BIG MISTER
10th Oct 2004, 23:19
Hi

Sadly Cayman is a real mess after the 'sea breeze' they had last month but I understand that things are 'starting' to get back to normal !

Still no power (its only been a month) and water is in limited supply......but the curfew has been lifted ! ! !

As for moving out there.....mmm....have you been there before ? Do you know the set-up with visa's and all the 'hoops' that have to be jumped through for that and new business start ups ?

:ok:

flufdriver
15th Oct 2004, 02:58
On the other hand, the current situation lends itself to the enterprising spirit.

Lets say one had a fairly good airplane to run certain badly needed items like fresh Seafood or other perishable or high value items into Cayman at a reasonable (not low) rate, one could make him/herself quite a pretty penny . There are also regular supply links that are not currently used and could lower the cost of living here the problem is its mosrly one way freight.

Opportunities abound, if I had a 40 ft Trailer of refrigeratorsa right now, I'm sure they'd be sold by tomorrow this time, the same goes for pickup trucks and mopeds etc. two weeks ago it was generators that were hot. now its roofing materials and after that it will be time to replace all those lost appliances.

Most properties are well insured and the people have money to spend to get their life back in order.

The Island is in need of labour in all skills, right now the problem is housing for those people that need to be imported.

So, I wouldn't mind talking to someone who might consider a joint venture involving an AOC

BIG MISTER
15th Oct 2004, 14:59
I co own a shipping company.

You name it I'll ship it ! ! !

The trouble is...... IMP are next to useless who else could handle it ?

Drop me a line if you can think of how to get it off the ground !

Cheers

:}

flufdriver
15th Oct 2004, 18:43
When you say shipping company, you mean company with ships or freigfht forwarding/ handling company based where?.

Have any Ideas about temporary housing for 18 months to 2 years

BIG MISTER
15th Oct 2004, 18:52
www.bigmisters.co.uk

I'm sure we could find temp housing.

We currently look after all the imports for a national furnature supplier. They have their goods made in Eastern Europe as they are good quality + its cheaper labour. Maybe they could make your small homes in modula kit form ?

Or how about 40 ft static caravans ?

They would come with all important stuff (kitchen,bathrooms ect) fitted and be \'ready to go\' !

PM me if you want to chat further about this ?