PDA

View Full Version : Where in Far East with B737 Efis type ?

jajyay
29th Sep 2004, 00:45
I was wondering if you guys heard about some airlines in Far Est countries hiring right now copilots with B737 (Efis) type rating ?

All kind of informations is highly appreciated !

Wizofoz
29th Sep 2004, 04:13
Sky Net Asia and Air Do in Japan. Both through Rishworth I think...

topman999
29th Sep 2004, 09:58
Every1 is going to tell you to go for air asia so go for it !:ok:

Deske1
29th Sep 2004, 10:15
I have seen at Rishworth that Air Do needs only captains.:suspect:

Also I am not sure if Air Asia needs foreigner type-rated F/os.

:{ :{

Virtual Reality
29th Sep 2004, 14:44
Hi JJ,

1. Air Asia is certainly looking for pilots but what I heard is only for LOCAL terms. Probably more info could be obtained if you write to them. Have a look at http://www.airasia.com

2. Besides Air Asia, China Airlines (CI) also is looking for B737NG F/O and it has been advertised in the Flight International mag few weeks ago. There are lots of threads about CI in Far East page of this pprune forums, which might help you in searching for suitable place/job in the Far East.

All the best mate:cool:

jajyay
30th Sep 2004, 01:38
Thanks for your replies.
Actually I already sent several times a resume to AirAsia but i never got an answer. I guess they want locals...
Also i was told there are some other "remote" companies operating with B737 around in Malaisia, but until now i could not find out if it's true.

7sex7
1st Oct 2004, 03:49
there is NO ""remote companies"" operating 737 in MALAYSIA.The 737 operators in malaysia are MH,AK n 737-200 TRANSMILE AIR.

All these companies are doing well,n they are not ""REMOTE"!!

REMOTE company,REMOTE JOB!

jajyay
2nd Oct 2004, 01:15
I definitely agree with you 7sex7, remote company means remote job.
But that is not the point, i just wanted to know if there are any business in Asia incl. Malaysia (other than MH & AK) operating B737 and known to be recruiting at this present time.

By the way, does somebody have phone, fax or mail from Transmile Air ?

leftfrontside
2nd Oct 2004, 04:26
Shenzhen Airlines is apparently hiring foreign B737 co-pilots now, Shenzhen China.

Believe package to be USD5000 per month. :ok:

Virtual Reality
3rd Oct 2004, 13:50
Ain't got any numbers but you can try to find out from http://www.transmile.com

yyzdub
4th Oct 2004, 09:26
Air Asia does hire foreign F/O's and Capts. however, I think you have to go through one of their agencies like Parc who do the Sim Check etc at a cost... they are sort of following the Ryanair scheme ie. pay for a type rating through an approved school, etc, etc. additional to a JAA w/ fATPL

As for Transmile, they are only using the 737-200 last time I heard... some like that others don't. Just some food for thought.

Good Luck

Atlanta-Driver
5th Oct 2004, 04:58
None of these companies will hire F/O's without considerable time in type.

If you have the type but no time in it, I'd look at skyeurope or tha various other EU companies.

AD