PDA

View Full Version : Who is Seabird World Airways?

non sched
28th Sep 2004, 23:22
I ran across this press release and wondered who Seabird World Airways is. They are associated with Viva, which I understnad is a shady outfit. Is Seabird fictitious or real?

:confused:

MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 28, 2004--Viva International, Inc. (OTCBB:VIVI) announced today that in a show of confidence for Viva's aggressive efforts in meeting the filing requirements for its Dominican Republic certificate new revenue opportunities have been proposed to Viva. Consequently, committing itself to these new opportunities and in support of Viva's forward looking business plan, Viva has reached a mutual agreement between Seabird World Airways and Viva Air Dominicana, S.A.

A Company spokesman responding to a direct query stated, "Viva and Seabird have concluded formal negotiations and are documenting the commitment of two Boeing 747-269B aircraft into contractual form. We anticipate the contract to be executed within the window of the Dominican Republic certification period and to be followed by agreements for new cargo and tour operations with South American and Dominican Republic commercial representatives".

The spokesman added, "Viva projects that the recent proliferation of open trade agreements between major South American and Asian countries will accelerate the growth of commercial and investment ventures to the Southern Hemisphere. Viva anticipates that these new opportunities as are being presently proposed to Viva will also accelerate the revenue generating ability of the Viva airline business plan."

The spokesman confirmed, "As previously announced, Viva continues to concentrate all of its efforts on the company's aviation operation and business. Viva is continually approached with opportunities for business joint ventures from active organizations in the airline business.. Any prospect to enhance shareholder value is welcome and shall be entertained, however, Viva management is devoted to pursuing primarily those opportunities which will allow the execution of Viva's airline business plan. Further details of the agreements to utilize the 747 aircraft as well as the contracts and/or agreements for cargo and tour operation revenues will soon follow"

latinaviation
29th Sep 2004, 11:28
Funny, I thought the same thing. If they're associated with Viva, I am sure they are shady - or at least a little dubious in the finance arena. I wouldn't hold my breath. Viva LOVES to issue press releases, but very often with no action behind them. This is the third time they've planned on acquiring 747s.