PDA

View Full Version : paris heliroutes

thwock
28th Sep 2004, 14:43
Where can i get hold of a chart for the heliroutes in paris,assuming one exists,assuming i need one ?
any ideas
transair etc do not stock them anymore

Kalif
28th Sep 2004, 16:08
AFE in Manchester

helipat
28th Sep 2004, 19:49
Go to the French Civil Aviation documentation publisher website:

http://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/default_uk.htm

look under chart

regards

Patrick

Spunk
29th Sep 2004, 12:53
Now this is great, the entire french AIP online for free.
Vive la France!!!:ok:
I have to spend 152,00 Euros every year just to keep my printed version updated plus I have the work of updating it at least once a month.:yuk:

So how about the other European countries???? I know Denmark has it for free as well

Denmark (http://www.slv.dk/Dokumenter/dscgi/ds.py/View/Collection-28)

Any other links????

212man
29th Sep 2004, 15:04
the UK too, after a free registration at www.ais.org.uk

Parisboy
29th Sep 2004, 21:44
The heli routes in Paris are all outside of the city.

Special clearance is now needed to cross paris and it is very hard to get. I am based in Paris and can only fly as far the heliport.

I've also heard from my local school that they are going to tighten up on flights into restricted air space (even by accident) this effect the areas around the normandy beachs, over Wren to Paris. If can I can get the official notification I'll post it here.

delta3
30th Sep 2004, 19:57
Thwock

There are lots of routes in Paris, only the absolute center is prohibited.
A good way to start is with Paris area charts (see the reference to the French AIP site, also Jepp has these charts) . Since the whole area is class A, you always need a flight plan, PPR, mode C etc, but I do not find this unreasonable.

At some point they wanted to restrict entry to bi-engine, but luckily this idea was dropped (a lot of civil security heli's for instance are mono except of the new EC145). I personaly enter regularly via the east to Issy and considered this entry almost 'casual'.

It is however true that east-west crossings and city-tour routes are getting more and more restricted, just as all the other prohibited area's overhead the large french cities. But this would be true for most European cities where flying the LA-way is not conceivable.

delta3

flygunz
1st Oct 2004, 08:53
This was the contact I used, perhaps someone can advise that it's still valid.

Map Paris Heli Route CTR2 ET3 Iteneraires Helicopters.

Contact the Air Team for the chart

Lognes Airfield
Emerainville
Paris

Tel. 0033 16462 1000
Fax. 160052865

helipat
1st Oct 2004, 13:05
quote:
"you always need a flight plan"

False... You do not need any flight plan. But you do need a class C transponder and COM...

Also please follow strictly the routing and altitude as controls are known to take place on the Paris transit these days.

Be aware of a sup AIP that is restricting the Pont de St Cloud-La Defense - Ile St Denis part to only defense and EMS helicopter.

Patrick

delta3
3rd Oct 2004, 10:54
Helipat,
Patrick,

Since the center-west is resticted, what is a good route from the north, say Creil/SE to the South west:

- Luzarches - Carrierres s Seine - Camps des Loges

Or

- stay out CTR to the west (this leaves you with a lot of agglomaration and possible min height problems)

Delta3

helipat
3rd Oct 2004, 20:12
Hi delta3,

both solutions are ok.
I would add a third one:
Luzarches - Sarcelles - Rosny - Bagnolet - Pont de Sevres then Rocquencourt or WH1.
That will maybe add 10 or 15 more minutes of flight time, but that's a really nice sightseeing trip.

With the route ending at Camp des Loges you're clear of all agglomeration problems.

If you want to go further away you can even use the route through Saclay and Briis sous Forges. But for that you have to be sure that Villacoublay is active to be allowed to use it.

Going West outside of the CTR2, you can go vertical of Pontoise and staying in their class D down to the South.

Hope this help.

regards

delta3
3rd Oct 2004, 20:32
Helipat

Yes that helps,

In the case af passage to the west, say vertical Pontoise, then south to RBT one still overflies 'orange' areas you are supposed to pass at 5000ft,
What altitude is OK? At 2000 you are clear of TMA but probably too low for the bits of agglomeration (I flew this already and was not really comfortable)

Thanks
Delta3

helipat
4th Oct 2004, 19:57
Above Pontoise your limit is 2500 ft, above it's class A.

In a controled airspace or on a published route, the height above cities doesn't need to be followed as you are following ATC guidance.

But from Pontoise, you can avoid in the South West the orange limit, then back East and South and West to Les Mureaux.

After you can go straight South to Beynes then East of HOL then RBT.

It's a little bit tricky, but you can do it and still following all the rules.

But if you look at the WH1 entry/exit, to go there you have to fly above orange place.. Then you can also after Les Mureaux go vertical of Saint Cyr then WH1 then South East and RBT...

You can also land at St Cyr and have a café with me ;)

delta3
5th Oct 2004, 12:07
Helipat

I just might do that

Delta3