PDA

View Full Version : Instructor insurance

GearOff
28th Sep 2004, 13:31
I'm looking for info from guys who've worked on a contract basis as a flying instructor or charter pilot. By that, I mean you had your own ABN and were not an employee, as such, of the company that provides you with work.

When working on this basis, did you take out insurance? If so, how much (round figures) were you paying for it?

Looking at a few options at the moment and trying to figure out what the best arrangement is.

NotAnIssue
29th Sep 2004, 09:39
The best arrangement is to stop prostituting yourself and find someone who does hire you as part of their company......

GearOff
29th Sep 2004, 09:49
Obviously that'd be ideal.....But my question was aimed at finding out whether or not it's a viable option to do it on a contract basis from an insurance perspective.

Anyone able to help with that?

Reverseflowkeroburna
2nd Oct 2004, 12:46
No! Not viable is the short answer!

I've never known of a casual/cotract instructor who has taken out his/her own insurance. None of them could afford it. I did know of one of them who should have, as he was so tired as to need a quick bit of kip in between students due to working a second job at night! :zzz:

Woomera
3rd Oct 2004, 02:54
What insurance? Public Liability? Why would you need insurance cover when the passenger liability cover is included in the hull premium?

Woomera

tinpis
3rd Oct 2004, 03:17
DICK The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.
CADE Nay, that I mean to do. Is not this a lamentable
thing, that of the skin of an innocent lamb should
be made parchment? that parchment, being scribbled
o'er, should undo a man? Some say the bee stings:
but I say, 'tis the bee's wax; for I did but seal
once to a thing, and I was never mine own man
since. How now! who's there?
Enter some, bringing forward the Clerk of Chatham
SMITH The clerk of Chatham: he can write and read and
cast accompt.
CADE O monstrous!
SMITH We took him setting of boys' copies.
CADE Here's a villain!

Henry VI

Methinks was way ahead of its time