PDA

View Full Version : city jet interview in oct for 146 f/o position

spot on no bother
28th Sep 2004, 13:06
hello everyone,

I have a cityjet aptitude test in the next few weeks and would like some info as to what i can expect .I did a search and came up with little info also info on salary rosters and bases thanks in advance

BigGrecian
28th Sep 2004, 13:13
Have a look at ppjn.com (http://www.ppjn.com/tbacitiexpress.html) under BA CitiExpress (or click link for T&Cs)

Doh! Cheers Pilot Pete, not quite sure why I did that!

Pilot Pete
28th Sep 2004, 20:37
You'd probably do better looking at the cityjet entry (http://www.ppjn.com/jcityjet.html) on ppjn.;)

PP

spot on no bother
29th Sep 2004, 12:05
If anyone has any info on bases for cityjet ,are their any positions for f/os in dublin

Mr Smiley
30th Sep 2004, 00:32
Hi spot on no bother,

I did the aptitude tests recently and they were pretty straight forward. There were four sets of tests, all multi choice:

1: numeracy eg: 156
- 10A
------
49 What is A?

2: mechanical reasoning eg: if pulley A turns anti-clockwise which way does pulley C turn.

3: spatial assembly - three dimensional object unassembled and you have to determine what it looks like when assembled.

4: sequences - choose the diagram which would be next in the sequence.

They may not be exactly the ones you get as they were picked from a psychometric tests book which had several other tests in it so I would recommend a book called "How to Master Psychometric Tests" by Mark Parkinson which will help you brush up.

One thing to be aware of as well is that they also note your dress code and their first impressions on your score sheet so be on your best behaviour! (At least until you get out of the door anyway!!) ;)

Good luck with the tests and don't let people put you off with negative comments. I would have given my back teeth to fly for them but I didnt get through.

Best of luck!

Mr Smiley

flaps to 60
30th Sep 2004, 21:25
Spot

They tend to send their f/o's to Paris as this is their main HUB. Most flight out of DUB go to somewhere via Paris. Only the Few get to be based in DUB but at any time you may be asked to move.

Good luck

spot on no bother
1st Oct 2004, 07:00
hello mr smiley and flaps to 60.Thanks for all the info just one other question,what would a non type rated 146 f/o expect to get as a salary i have 5500 hours,4500 on heavy jets.

thanks in advance

atr42500
1st Oct 2004, 09:47
Anybody heard from them since the aptitude test in April

Any of you been called for interview following this test ????????

Thank you for your answers

Carpathia
1st Oct 2004, 14:47
Movements from Paris to Dublin are length of service based and as there are plenty of Paris FO's who would go to Dublin if they could there's a long q which new guys would be at the back of.

Salary details on PPJN look about right. Its about 40 sectors a month.

Mr Smiley
2nd Oct 2004, 18:44
Hi atr42500

I also had the aptitude tests in April. Received the news yesterday that I didn't get through.
:(

I believe that letters are in the post now so you might hear soon. If not I would get in touch with them because they do know the results now.

Best of luck,

Mr Smiley

pipergirl
3rd Oct 2004, 05:57
You start off in CDG and you will eventually get based back in DUB. A couple of years ago it used to take a number of years b4 u were lucky enough to get a base in DUB, but at the moment the turnaround time is approx one year...

atr42500
4th Oct 2004, 15:02
Thank you smiley for that.

I ll check the post

Good luck

OO-MHL
7th Oct 2004, 18:43
Hi spot on no bother,

are you an abinitio or already with some current experience, just to check because I've applied there in august and there has been no reply since. If your an abinitio, then when did you apply?

Anyway the best of luck with the tests!!!! :ok:

Looks like an interesting company to work for if you as me!!!

I would choose the paris base if I got in but thats because of the french environment..... :cool:

"Qu'elles sont magnifiques"

Greetz

LVL CHG
8th Oct 2004, 02:36
Can someone inform us where Cityjet flies? You mention onward service from Paris CDG - what other cities are served by the 146 fleet?

Also, are the 146s EFIS equipped and are they fun to fly? I have not flown one but I have heard from others that they are somewhat of a handfull to fly - you certainly won't fall asleep like you would flying the ultra-automated Airbus which basically flies itself...

Cheers

Rollback
8th Oct 2004, 08:26
Hey LVL CHG,

It is absolutely fun to fly the 146. No EFIS, not autothrottle, CAT II only, not approved for RNAV in TMA's, and above 220 KIAS the autopilot will have big problems with intercepting the localizer (sometimes also around 180 KIAS, but in HDG mode you will manage... :) ). I would say; a great opportunity to experience the old-fashioned way of flying for solong it is still possible.

Cityjet operates:

From CDG to:
GOT, AMS, EDI, DUB, TRN, FLR, ZRH, BSL and STR,

From ORY to:
LCY,

From DUB to:
CDG, LCY, and AGP.

Cityjet is a 100% owned subsidiary of Air France, the network changes slightly every 6 months.

http://www.cityjet.com/our_company.html

Cheers,

Rollback.

Kfir
20th Oct 2004, 07:20
Hi everybody !

Would it be possible to contact anyone who had passed those tests recently.

I am having a selection next week. I'd be delighted to share my information soon after I finish the tests.

Many thanks in advance

Kfir

Hansard
20th Oct 2004, 10:10
Kfir,

Is your interview in Dublin?

Just wondering, I haven't been invited to interview.

Kfir
21st Oct 2004, 17:13
No, it's in Paris actually !

Cap Loko
18th Nov 2004, 10:07
Anyone heard some news regarding the outcome of the october interview?

Zjoekov
24th Dec 2004, 10:55
No, I didn't hear anything. But some guys got a negative response a week ago. Did You?

Cheers

P.S. Kaaskop?

Cap Loko
27th Dec 2004, 13:54
Yep, Kaaskop!

Had a negative response myself. I heard of more guys same thing.
I mailed the question why but haven't heard from them yet.

Cheers