PDA

View Full Version : Has Richard gone on vacation?

amanoffewwords
28th Sep 2004, 12:55
If so who signed his holiday request form and why hasn't he taken a laptop with him? :)

Memetic
28th Sep 2004, 14:51
Let's just hope that it is a vacation, not hurricane related.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
29th Sep 2004, 03:50
Hey Gang,

Nope, no vacation for me. :(

I had a lot of work lately. Just no time to log onto PPRuNe.

We had a new ATPL Groundschool class start on Monday. This meant building up a bunch of new comps to add to the class, since this class and the next several classes will have us running to full capacity. (Along with all the electrical and networking cable that goes with adding in 8 more comps to that network.) The setup for groundschool is amazing. The entire classroom is wired.

Presentations that are shown on the board are piped in real time to each student's monitor. There are full Audio/Visual presentations that can be piped to any student's workstation along with a fully integrated testing system that connects though the Internet. The instructors can give tests after each lecture which are instantly graded. The student can take the test from anywhere in the world. We get in real time, how long they spent on the test, how many questions they answered correctly, how many times it took to get each question right and much more.

I am really impressed with the setup. Most importantly, the instructors get instant feedback on what parts of any lecture the students learned and any areas which they are weak on, so we can address it instantly. This way, the students learn the material needed for their exams, and any student that struggles will get the extra help, even without asking. :ok:

As for Jeanne, she did not bother us at all.

All the best,

Richard

Capt Snooze
29th Sep 2004, 08:53
Hi Richard,

Out of interest, what educational / testing software are you using?

Snooze

amanoffewwords
30th Sep 2004, 09:18
I had a lot of work lately.

From your description it sounded like you were having fun!

Good idea to wire the workstations to the electrics - get a question wrong - whack! 10,000 volts! You'll soon achieve 100% marks :E

Welcome back!

Charles

Naples Air Center, Inc.
2nd Oct 2004, 21:43
Capt Snooze,

It is super secret, if I till you, I have will to kill you. (Check your PMs.) ;)

Charles,

We have given your idea some serious thought as a good motivational tool. :D

Take Care,

Richard

Capt Snooze
3rd Oct 2004, 09:00
Thanks Richard....................

Snooze :zzz:

Naples Air Center, Inc.
3rd Oct 2004, 14:25
Capt Snooze,

If you need any help contacting them, let me know.

Take Care,

Richard