PDA

View Full Version : Aipa Mou

blueloo
28th Sep 2004, 08:39
For those who want to know, the AIPA MOU was endorsed 2:1 by both groups.

Capt Fathom
28th Sep 2004, 12:02
..which in English translates to..? :uhoh:

bonvol
28th Sep 2004, 12:46
It translates that QF pilots have now got the privilege to stump up the cash to pay for an endorsement in Jetstar.

This will no doubt soon follow through to all pilots paying for endorsements. After all, the precedents set.

And while the managements at it what about conversions? Why not ask ..sorry, tell us to pay for them too. The possibilities are endless.

Agent Mulder
28th Sep 2004, 13:47
Poor Old Bonvol,

Still focusing on your perceived negatives.

Still it could be worse, you are 1 of 325. Me, Boo Hoo, I am 1 of 752. I feel inferior.

Keep jumpin at shadows Champ. There's a conspiracy in there somewhere.

"To infinity and beyond"

Buzz Lightyear

Blip
29th Sep 2004, 02:07
Agent Mulder.

Ever heard of Group Think? It can happen outside the flight-deck too.

Mr Nightmare
29th Sep 2004, 03:15
Mulder

Your'e a happy chappy but ignorant none the less.
You could apply for a QF position externally pass the selection criteria and pay nothing for an endorsement.

Instead you prefer to apply under this MOU undergo the same selection criteria and if successful PAY i say again PAY for your endorsement.

Bright champ real bright!

Keg
29th Sep 2004, 03:56
Endoresement of the deal doesn't mean that it's a great deal. It does however ensure that we have a seat at the table to improve the deal in the future and that we as a group can reap the benefits of any improvement.

A no vote would have ensured that we would have zero opportunity with J*- ever!

I don't anticipate using the MoU but I still voted for it because of the opportunities it may provide us in the future if we get our act together!

Don Esson
29th Sep 2004, 04:26
More than a crack in the dyke?

quim
29th Sep 2004, 07:18
This MOU is the worst possible outcome for us. AIPA keep on stating that "its the best we could do" and "its this or nothing". For Gods sake, do you really swallow this crap, Keg? Ever thought to question, "well, what else could they really do?" No - you don't, because those mongrel spin doctors at AIPA tell you not to. Meanwhile the comany management types are wringing their hands together in glee, awaiting their next bonus.

I have no problem with the Jet* pilots joining us. But I do have a problem with selling out in order to achieve it.

We are our own worst enemy.

Keg
29th Sep 2004, 07:53
Interesting that no one has put up a coherent Plan B if we said 'no'- on either PPRUNE or on Qrewroom.

As to the question quim, I asked the question directly to both Andrew Marshall and Robin Holt. I didn't particularly like the answers as they pointed to 'our' failings over the past three years. I also asked the very same questions to a bunch of people advocating a 'no' vote. They didn't have ANY answers at all.

Beyond that, my points are all made on Qrewroom. I'm not going to bother re-hashing them here. I do agree with your last statement although I think we'd disagree on the context in which it is made.

Hmmm. Methinks that some comments went missing from both quim's comments and mine between when I posted this earlier today and tonight when I got home! Ah well, guess you'll have to PM me for the full version if you didn't see it on here quim! :E

No fair Woomera. I didn't even return fire all that drastically.