PDA

View Full Version : IR straight after CPL

Lord Zeberdee
27th Sep 2004, 17:33
Im planning to attempt a CPL course at Naples in Florida next year, I am thinking about doing an IR course as soon as I get back to the UK (one big stint off work to do both).

Has anybody found it difficult to take one course straight after the other, or does it actually help?

How much of the CPL course should I do in a twin if I go straight from the CPL into the IR?

Anybody any positive comments about schools running IR courses in the North of England, id appreciate any good feedback

I have visited two Training Establishments locally that run the IR course and initially they both seemed ok, id be interested in any comments about good instruction, well maintained aircraft etc etc

Not interested in seeing this post turn into a flaming competition!!!!!:*

haud flamma :ok:

Penworth
28th Sep 2004, 07:59
Lord Zeberdee check your PM's.

PW

CAT3C AUTOLAND
28th Sep 2004, 09:01
Lord,

Starting the IR straight after your CPL, will keep continuity to your training, therefore you will be fresh and ready to go. On the CPL course, as you probably know, you have to do 10 hours instrument flying which you will be tested on, therefore the instrument general handling of the IR course, will mostly likely be a piece of cake.

With regard to the twin, you don't have to do any of the CPL training on a twin, however it must be a complex single (retractable gear and variable pitch propellor). However, if cost it not an issue and you decide to do the CPL course on the twin then as Tesco says, every little helps, and it will make you feel more comfortable flying the twin when it comes to that part of your IR training.

I have heard stuff good comments about Multi Flight up north, however I don't have any first hand experience.

Hope it all goes well.