PDA

View Full Version : WOW Alliance

freightmover
27th Sep 2004, 16:12
The cargo carriers Lufthansa Cargo, SAS Cargo,Singapore Airlines Cargo and JAL Cargo belong to a WOW aliance.

Can any body tell me what that WOW stands for ?

cringe
27th Sep 2004, 23:04
According to JAL, WOW is not an acronym. Just a word that sounded right.

Flip Flop Flyer
28th Sep 2004, 08:51
Interesting that of these airlines, SAS is the only one not operating a dedicated freighter fleet. I wonder what made them suitable for this alliance, perhaps all the mobile phones coming out of Ericsson? :O Also interesting to see JAL in this Star Alliance company, but not ANA who is Star and operates a fairly large cargo fleet. Ah well, nobody ever said aviation had to make sense.

I've heard that WOW was "World Of Wonders" or somesort PR :yuk: speak

hailstone
7th Oct 2004, 06:32
heard about that "world of wonders " as well.

actually the WOW branding was to be launched in the week of 9/11 with the slogan 'WOW - powering world trade', which was shelved due to the events (for lack of a better word) that took place

Cargo Clown
8th Oct 2004, 07:58
WOW = Weight on Wheels ???

Maybe they are considering "tipping" a few A/C on their bottoms :-)

red_on_yello
8th Oct 2004, 11:02
WOW doesn't mean a thing..
according to Lufthansa Cargo Ops Control

Lufti actually got so much questions regarding the "WOW" painted on their LHCargo airframes,
so many that they called in all flight attendands for an extra day of training, training them to explain that "wow" isn't an acronym :-)

whoooaaaw, that's a waste of money :-)

MerchantVenturer
8th Oct 2004, 18:40
For a minute I thought the Plymouth-based Air Southwest was expanding when I saw the thread title.

WOW is their ICAO code.