PDA

View Full Version : Who is it.???????????

The Matirx
27th Sep 2004, 11:48
Who is the very high profile AIPA COM captain who has become flight ops managements principle source of all and everything that goes on internally within the offices at lord street. ?

Is it also true that nearly every other member of the COM is aware of the behaviour of the individual, but will not or cannot take action.

The plot is still thickening.......

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"

itchybum
27th Sep 2004, 14:47
what is a Matirx??

quim
27th Sep 2004, 19:51
I was going to ask the very same question, itchy.

'Matirx', what makes you think that we, as the membership, don't already believe that most on the com seem to have ulterior motives about being there? What makes you believe that everyone at AIPA hasn't got their eyes on the CP job?

Your post is hardly earth shattering. We have no repect, trust or faith in the AIPA Com, period. Look at their record over the last few years. Appalling. Forget it. We are history.

itchybum
27th Sep 2004, 19:54
The plot is still thickening....... Like a good curry....

spinout
27th Sep 2004, 20:55
It just wants to make you Fart doesn’t it itchy.....:D

chimbu
27th Sep 2004, 22:52
Out of 2000 Qantas pilots I’m surprised no one has intestinal fortitude to resign from AIPA, that worthless organization. Maybe we all live in fear. Most Captains are paying $150 per month for nothing except LOL.

AIPA’s inexperienced Leadership was completely outplayed in the Jetstar integration.
It appeared they were more concerned with their London hotel change than the threat posed by Jetstar.

Another appalling “benefit” of AIPA membership is watching our ambitious colleagues using it as an entre to climb the management ladder, while the talented ones watch in bemusement.

We need the best representation available with industrial threats to come as Q management use AIPA only as a lightning conductor and to cop the bad news. Be very afraid, the introduction of Ian Oldmeadow (that overweight oleaginous reptile), has given the game away as far as management intentions for pilot careers. He and Coysh destroyed a far stronger union than AIPA.

BUNYA
28th Sep 2004, 00:08
"As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.,"

Can't get anyone to vote for you?

Try starting an anonymous scare campaign on PPrune...there may always be a gullible few to believe you!

Whiskery
28th Sep 2004, 00:15
chimbu
He and Coysh destroyed a far stronger union than AIPA.

Not true.

It was Bob Hawke and Peter Abeles who brought about the demise of the AFAP. They used the unlimited finances of Australian taxpayers to put the AFAP out of business.

Oldmeadow and Coysh are amateurs compared to Hawke & Abeles. :(

spinout
28th Sep 2004, 05:25
Just a couple of minor points need to be corrected….

1. Some captains have resigned from AIPA and moved to the TWU
2. The AFAP still exists.
:cool:
http://www.afap.org.au/
http://www.asu.asn.au/media/airlines_qantas/20040928_qantas.html

Johhny Utah
28th Sep 2004, 08:05
Yeah, let's all join the AFAP. After all, they did such a great deal with the first Virgin Blue EBA - surely they'll have guys crawling over each other to join....

Perhaps not. :yuk:

spinout
28th Sep 2004, 11:18
I think you will find that the Virgin pilot group just like the Impulse group do the deal and tell the AFAP to ratify it, regardless of what the AFAP representatives advise….
I don’t have a problem with the AFAP but sometimes I think their employees give poor advice….
:uhoh:

BLO MOI
30th Sep 2004, 07:15
just a qn. is the Short Haul rep... DH ,such a tool? or is he the victim of a smear campaign.. Ive never met the person, but keep hearing horrific stories about him??

planemad2
30th Sep 2004, 08:39
Surely THIS thread is a question??????????????? ;)

The Matirx
30th Sep 2004, 10:53
'The AIPA source' and the CP recently had holidays in NZ together.

The curry, the plot and itchybums farts are still getting thicker.......

Dehavillanddriver
30th Sep 2004, 12:56
Spinout - wrong old chap!

The negotiation is done by the AFAP, who report back to the pilot body who then vote on it. The first EBA was done with NO pilots (except maybe 1 or 2) on the payroll.

I would suggest that the AFAP didn't go in too hard initially because they didn't believe it would happen - but I may be wrong there.

*Lancer*
1st Oct 2004, 07:34
Are we losing sight of the fact that AIPA is an organistion of elected pilots? Whether we always like the decisions made or not, the CoM is the membership. We all voted for them! It was an election year this year... so aren't we directly responsible for who represents us, and what changes are made to the committee membership?