PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe mentioned as source in media.

Eastwest Loco
26th Sep 2004, 12:46
This network got mention today in the Launceston based Sunday Examiner in a 3/4 page article re the recent PERCBR 737-800 terrain warning incident.

Knowledge of the near miss came from an internet web site in which professional pilots and people involved in aviation discuss technichal details about things that affect their industy. It's also a rumour network. But in this case, much of the rumour was true.

Just goes to show you, were are not alone out here!

Best all

EWL

BCF Breath
26th Sep 2004, 20:15
Cripes !!:eek:
The media reading is this forum, what next ??:confused:
Gee they might actually learn something,.... maybe... probably not. !

Buster Hyman
26th Sep 2004, 21:47
Okay...nobody mention the B29 found on the moon!!!:eek:

Capt Fathom
26th Sep 2004, 22:56
I was wondering when the B29 subject would come up again.

Mr Proachpoint
27th Sep 2004, 00:28
Is there a B29 on the moon?!? Crikey, I didn't even know there was an airfield there.

MAPt

cubnut
27th Sep 2004, 01:44
Geez, maybe one of them might consider doing an expose on illegal pay and working conditions for pilots. But hang on, there's no blood and guts involved so they would'nt want to know about it! :*

Woomera
27th Sep 2004, 01:52
I can assure you the local and international media monitor what's going on here and in the rest of the Forums.

It is required reading daily in Canberra and most of the airlines.

Buster & Capt Fathom remember, you signed the Official Secrets Act?? :ok:

Obi von Kenobi
27th Sep 2004, 06:12
Is there a B29 on the moon?!? That's no moon...

Woomera
27th Sep 2004, 06:31
Gawd, you lot just can't keep a secret can you. I just hope that the Chemtrailers hadn't seen this thread before I made it invisible to all but those of us who have been properly tested and innoculated. :}

Eastwest Loco
27th Sep 2004, 09:37
Poop cack fart and possibly even piddle!!!!!

No wonder I have trouble gaining sponsorship from the domestics, and cant get AD75 J class from SQ even after writing nearly a quarter of a mill on them last year!!

I must just be my worst enemy - yet again!

Best all

EWL
:{ :{ :{

Buster Hyman
27th Sep 2004, 21:53
Big W Yes, I did sign the official secrets act, but I couldn't open the sealed section about faking orgasms....does that mean I can't see this thread anymore?:uhoh:

Milt
28th Sep 2004, 06:53
Air Pockets and Dangerous Go Rounds

Hey take note media.

There's no such things.

Chimbu chuckles
28th Sep 2004, 07:20
Required reading where in Canberra..the aeroclub?

If in the halls of power then I've just discovered that our elected representatives share some common habits with those of a country just north of us.

Many moons ago I was flying a chap around PNG who was an adviser to Pius Wingti's Govt. He once left the minutes from 3 previous meetings where I could spend the day reading said tome...every single problem facing PNG was discussed at length by the ministers and the solutions outlined and heartily supported by the ministers....in every case they did the exact opposite having left the meetings...or did nothing at all. They were, after all on record as having suggested the correct remedy...if it all blew up in their faces they could claim "I told the Govt that and was ignored" quite indignantly of course.

And now we have the situation in PNG that we see today.

Oz Pollies aren't better or smarter than their PNG counterparts...except at being Pollies.

I seem to remember saying years ago that the only thing stopping Oz pollies going the same way as PNG pollies was a generally well educated population and a free media....guess I was wrong again.

gaunty
28th Sep 2004, 07:27
chuckles check your PMs. :)