PDA

View Full Version : Flying private business... anyone with that experience?

Tufve
26th Sep 2004, 03:29
I am as many a low hour pilot, reaching 260 TT at this point. fATP, CPL, ME, SE, IR, MCC
My money is long gone and I am trying to find out how to make hours without paying THAT much.
Is there anyone that has managed flying local business and corporate personnel?
I believe this would be one way to get the hours, the only thing is that YOU need to be employed at that firm..rules and regulations:ugh: .. my fist flight after the graduation was a trip from Sweden to Warszawa via Gdansk..this in a PA28.. exciting being my first abroad trip. Now I am trying to find a PA34 to make it more safe:D

Please give your experience and maybe there is some other way to HELP each other to find a way to manage on the way to our goal.
Keep the air under the wings!
:ok:

TRon
27th Sep 2004, 10:52
You are going to hit problems in how you are rewarded for this flying.

To do single pilot IFR for gain you need 700hrs Minimum. There are many instructors in the UK seeking a break into coporate air taxi work.

If you are planning on sharing this is a grey area, but you will need to find your own customers and you arent 'allowed' to advertise it all has to be word of mouth.

Long and the short of it is you wont get that much experience to justify the work put in.

It is a way many try to build their experience etc, but your next logical step with the experience you have got is instructing or a lucky break into the airlines.

Bet of luck. TRon

BoeingMEL
28th Sep 2004, 08:49
Bad Points: Lots of pilots chasing not many jobs.... Not the best paid work in aviation..... with only 250 hours you'll only get P2/ co-pilot work.... some employers have unreasonable (and sometimes illegal) expectations... may have to spend hours or even days in crummy hotels or waiting in airport terminals... job security can be non-existent...may have to pay for type-rating

Good Points: A chance to build-up hours while being paid... multi engine and multi-crew experience... possible turbine experience... operations into/out of smaller airports--- customer contact (loading/unloading baggage!)..... varied schedules...
a good start for low-time/newly qualified drivers

Good luck in your search....and if you find that elusive first job use your ears and eyes as much as you can..... you'll really start learning when you start flying for ££££££!! bm