PDA

View Full Version : Unable to update my pprune profile

amanoffewwords
25th Sep 2004, 19:37
When I go to user CP --> edit profile, amend anything there and press "save changes" an error message states that I should enter a valid email address.

My address is valid (not a freebie one) but ends in .ltd.uk

Is there a filter forbidding those domain types?

Thanks,
Charles

Evo
26th Sep 2004, 08:16
Charles - I have no idea about filters and things like that, so it's probably worth clicking on the 'contact us' link below and sending an email to admin about this. They're rather busy though, so it may take some time to get a reply.

outofsynch
26th Sep 2004, 22:47
When you change your email on pprune, it sends you an email to revalidate your profile. If you dont recieve email, or dont click its validation link, then your profile is suspenduded pending validation.

amanoffewwords
26th Sep 2004, 23:17
Evo: Thanks, not an urgent question to warrant bothering admin about.

outofsynch: I'm not changing my email, just one of the fields in the profile, but when I try and save it the system tells me my email is invalid - I know htomail, yahoo and other free emails are not allowed - I'm just wondering whether unusual domain names have also been restricted somehow.

I have other more conventional emails accounts to use (.com ending) so I can go with one of them , one day..

Cheers,
Charles

drauk
28th Sep 2004, 10:37
No restriction on .ltd.uk. email addresses. Indeed, there is no restriction on free services like hotmail and yahoo either. So it must be some other problem... Would need more info to be able to determine what.