PDA

View Full Version : cathay application questions please!

deceptibum
25th Sep 2004, 04:55
ok I have received my application. A couple of questions on it though. I have a US FAA ATP.

1. On the first page what do I put for the question:
"Multi-Engine Instrument Rating Valid Until:"
(there is no expiration date for FAA)

2. Also same page:
"All ATPL Subjects Passed: Yes/No"
(I did pass the US ATP and obtained the full rating) but what do I put down for that question?

3. Citizenship and passport numbers:
I am a dual US/Canadian......should I include info from both?

Thats all for now, If anyone has any information or advice on this please reply. Thank you so much!!

Techo Taxi Driver
25th Sep 2004, 20:25
As far as the Multi-Engine Instrument rating goes, they want to know when your next renewal is due. I don't know how the system works in the states but I'd be surprised if they let you fly any longer than a year without being re-checked.:oh:

If you've got an ATP then I would of thought the answer would be obvious - yes.:hmm:

Why not put down both citizenships, that's what you have. Tell it like it is.:bored:

Hey, good luck getting an interview. By all accounts CX is going to need a lot of new crew with all these aircraft being ordered.

Cheers
TTD :ok:

BlueEagle
26th Sep 2004, 01:06
When I operated with an FAA licence for a short while the IR was renewed at each six monthly competence check - could still be the same?

Sqwak7700
10th Oct 2004, 01:08
Hey deceptibum. I don't have my app in front of me, but if you e-mail or call Pauline in HK, she will answer them for you. She was very helpful during my application process, and she is very good at her job.:) I left blank anything I had doubts on, then I made a list of the questions I had. Finally, I called her and went over the list. She answered all my questions.

As far as the dual citizenship thing; that is a good thing, make sure to put that on your app. When I was invited for the 2nd interview, during the 2nd interview, and when I was offered the job, they asked me where I had the right to live and work. Being dual CAN/USA will allow you to be based anywhere in North America. That is definetely an advantage which offers Cathay flexibility as to where to send you. :)

Hope that helps

MB

deceptibum
11th Oct 2004, 04:50
thank you everyone who has offered help here. I have completed the app and it has already been sent. Now just to hope for a possible interview and keep studying everything!