PDA

View Full Version : VB Flt Attendant caught with Drugs and Equipment

Dambuster
24th Sep 2004, 21:36
Daily Telegraph, Friday, Sept 24 2004 P9.

A Virgin flight attendant is under police investigation after allegedly attempting to smuggle drugs through Sydney airport.

The woman in her early 20's allegedly refused to put her hand luggage through a scanning machine at the domestic terminal.

She was spoken to by security and agreed to have her belongings searched manually, when officers allegedly found crystals and drug equipment.

The September 2 incident was not immediately repoerted to airport management or police.

sinala1
25th Sep 2004, 02:06
Interesting to note that a search of www.thedailytelegraph.com.au 's search section provides no reference to the story quoted above, although does provide links to just about every other story printed regarding Virgin Blue or flight attendants (search criteria used was "Virgin Flight Attendant", after failing to turn up any results in relation to the above quoted article, second criteria used was "Virgin Blue Flight Attendant" and same deal)

Are you able to provide a link to the article?

Thanks!

easternboy
25th Sep 2004, 05:03
Yep that did appear in the tele yesterday I think page 4, the same page as all the other VB info, just a small section at the bottom of the page.

Dambuster
25th Sep 2004, 06:36
Yes, the article did appear sinala 1 and it was on page 9 as per my reference.

The thing that gets me is that not only was she was stupid enough to carry gear to do crystal meth to work but also to take it through the security checkpoint!!

This makes me wonder at how VB is making these stories either disappear or being printed in unobscure small corners of page 9 like in this case.
It looks as if VB have taken a leaf out of the Qantas book of making these things disappear as if they never happened.

quim
26th Sep 2004, 03:48
VB Flight Attendant? There's an oxymoron for you.

How could she afford it? The wages they make? I'm surprised if they could afford a bus ticket, let alone designer drugs.

And if she's a VB, then how the hell could she figure out what to do with it? They have the IQ of a gnat....

itchybum
26th Sep 2004, 04:00
gnat IQ maybe but rat cunning when it comes to recreational activities. To quote Ford, they "know how to get into the hottest bars, the hottest clubs, and the hottest ****s!"

The irony is, by refusing the x-ray machine, she guaranteed herself a hand-search. She should've taken her chances with the brain-dead, police-academy reject rent-a-cop on the desk who would've been more intent on a possible "power-tool" sighting in the luggage of a VB hotty than trying to ID drug implements.

sinala1
26th Sep 2004, 06:04
Hiya folks

The reason I ask about the link to the article is I would like to read it! Anyone able to provide a link for it? More searching has failed to turn up any info about it... even tried google! Anyone able to help?

Cheers

GalleyHag
26th Sep 2004, 06:49
sinala1

Dambuster's first post was the article word for word. Very small piece in the bottom right hand corner of the page in the tele.

Eastwest Loco
26th Sep 2004, 12:52
quim

If you look good enough to be a DJ F/A, then you should be able to hold down a job in a well paid secondary industy that will pay more than enough to fuel a drug habit.

Best regards

EWL:} :}

TAC On
26th Sep 2004, 12:58
EWL

Tasteless,unnecessary, and not in keeping with your usual standards.

TO

The Enema Bandit
26th Sep 2004, 13:19
It's true though.