PDA

View Full Version : EK FOs....

74world
24th Sep 2004, 04:32
Hi Guys,

I have an interview with EK schedule soon, so I am looking for FOs employed within the last 2 years to get their HONEST opinion on the company and living in DXB.

(For info I am aware that EK is not perfect, but which company is?)

Looking forward to your reply, even PM if you prefer, thanks!

Cheers.:p

Payscale
24th Sep 2004, 12:52
Hi

Good luck with your interview. As you have possibly read all the threads on EK, you have found that there are many opiniong about the place. Especially from people who have never been here. And from some who should never have come. Do your home work. Know that what is right today may be wrong tomorrow. Its a fluid dynamic society. Does that make sense?
This is my third airline and I am happy here. I realize that no airline is going to let me fly 10 hours a month a get 12000 USD. I wish! If you are willing to spend 5-7 years in the right seat (thats my guess) flying in a truely international airline, with it ups and downs, come on down a join us. Do yourself a favour a visit as a tourist before or after the interview.

Cheers

74world
24th Sep 2004, 14:38
Hi Payscale,

Thanks very much for the reply......for info I've been coming to DXB quite a lot in the last couple of years, flying EK's Skycargo A/Cs.

The problem I have is that I have couple of mates which have been in EK for nearly 3 years, still FOs, all of them are saying the same, DON'T COME to Ek!!! stay where you are.......see now why I am trying to get more info on the company and DXB??????

The time to command these days is 7+ years, that's pretty long...... earning 17.000 Dirhams (3800 Euros).

Maybe the say:...."the grass is always greener on the other side"........might be correct after all.

Cheers.....:p

puff m'call
27th Sep 2004, 15:25
If you have a good job that you are happy with then don't give it up just to come here. EK is ok but it's just another airline, yes it's on the up at the moment, but how long will it last?

Dubai is an ok place to live, the airline is an ok place to work, but it's not worth jumping up and down and writing home about that's for sure!

If you do come here you WILL see that the grass is NOT always greener on the other side.

Good luck.