PDA

View Full Version : IR Training (AGAIN)

Capt. Vilo
22nd Sep 2004, 14:06
I know this has been done a 1,0000,00000 times before but just need some help....

I will be finishing my ATPL groundschool in November and am at the stage of choosing a school to carry out my multi-ir,cpl and mcc with, had lots of good feedback about loads of schools but narrowed it down to 3....

BRISTOL FLIGHT CENTER
AIRWAYS FLIGHT TRAINING
PAT

Anyone training or just finished with some sound advice of these companies would be very appreciated.......

RVR800
22nd Sep 2004, 15:57
Did you consider Triple A?

Snigs
22nd Sep 2004, 16:00
My experience of BFC was excellent. Obviously I can't comment on the others. BFC is pay as you go, and they've just recently moved into some very nice accomodation on the southside of the airport!

daw
22nd Sep 2004, 16:53
Maybe Capt. Vilo read the following about AAA and got scared off?

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133850&highlight=triple+AND+aaa

Robthestudent
22nd Sep 2004, 22:06
I would give very serious consideration to PAT I went there got a first time pass, very impressedwith the standard of instruction both Anthony and Linda run an excellent organisation with the emphasis been on the student ensuring quality time in the aircraft/sim and pre/post flight briefs. The instructors are without doubt some of the best in the business giving me all the help I needed , the aircraft are well maintained with good availablilty. I understand they have in the last eighteen months bought a brand new bespoke fnpt2 sim. When I was there most people were getting through first time which I believe is now a question that features in airline application forms.

I finished at PAT over two years ago and been lucky enough to get a job in the industry. I have nothing to gain from this post but I would say if nothing else pay them a visit.

With reference to AFT and BFC I believe they operate in the same niche market as PAT and have heard very positive remarks about both organisations.

However having said all of the above irrespective of where you do train the onus is on you to perform as without doubt this is a very expensive game which requires total dedication and determination.

Good luck with the ATPLs in Nov and good luck with your career.

Rob