PDA

View Full Version : Things you should know about posting

Naples Air Center, Inc.
22nd Sep 2004, 04:09
Things you should Know before posting (http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php)

Richard

safetypee
22nd Sep 2004, 13:05
Great post Richard.
Please will all moderators (and Capt Prune) link this post into the other forums to improve the P for Professional in the site.

PPRuNe Radar
22nd Sep 2004, 13:18
It's been on the JetBlast sticky since 8th September ....

Evo
22nd Sep 2004, 13:18
I wasn't sure if I should move this to Jetblast or make it a sticky ;)

OMFG C&I R0X0RZ TEH BIG ONE111 :confused: :ok:

Mac the Knife
22nd Sep 2004, 17:42
Hard to do better than the advice once given by the (to me) much missed Slasher

---------------------------------------------

........ a word of advice:

* honest opinions are acceptable so ong as they are informed. Nothing wrong with speculation about people but you have to word it carefuly to avoid offence if your assumptions are proved wrong. If you can't do that its best not to post anything all.
* The "CLEAR FIELDS" and "EDIT" buttons are the best debating tools ever invented

* Criticaly analyse every word youve written first before punching SUBMIT REPLY and think about how people will see it from various angles, not just yours

* attack the argument and never the arguer. This will give you credibility in anything you wish to counter whatsoever.

* Where posible don't react. Instead respond

* Dont use worn-out cliches of convenience. They cheapen the debate mate, honest. A well thought-out and reasoned post can be completeley negated by cracks like "I wouldnt fly with you", "nutters in the cockpit" etc

* Never bullsh!t. If you dont have hard facts to back up your claim then just don't say anything at all, because if you statement is entirely subjective or proven false youll get mauled

* If you do get ganged-up on, take a step back and shutup for a while. They may or may not have a valid point. Review your posts and look at them criticaly. If you feel the protaginists are wrong, give sound unemotional reasons why you think so with no name-calling. If you feel they are nonetheless right, pull your head in and apologise. No harm done and everybody soon forgets the outburst. People might recall the good guys but they sure as sh!t never forget the arseholes.

* And be very careful when you've had a drink or two

Now if I were you Id cool down for a day or so before posting again.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
22nd Sep 2004, 22:55
If you have ever read the Steam forums, you would see the serious humor in the link. ;)

Richard

P.S. I do not read Jet Blast. Did not know it was there too. :eek:

flapsforty
23rd Sep 2004, 06:36
:{ ;)