PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair to intro fee based IFE

Oshkosh George
21st Sep 2004, 20:50
Link here (to save bandwidth)

http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/general/2004/09/21/generalafx_2004_09_21_AEF_3536-2490-PRD.GBR.TRN..html?partner=yahoo&referrer=

bacardi walla
22nd Sep 2004, 07:24
Greed springs to mind. Make money from punters, take it away from crew and staff.

daw
22nd Sep 2004, 16:39
I think they are losing the plot. With short flight sectors who really wants IFE or the inevitable problems when it doesn't work and you want your money back?

I fly Ryanair reasonably regularly and book in advance and the last thing I want to do is to start handing over more dosh. I am quite happy with my 30-50 average fare and aren't about to spoil it by being enticed with all the "extras". Coffee airside before I fly suits me fine.

Also what is going on with their constant seat sales? I am over the moon with them personally and have gotten some great bargains on my regular route in the last few months. Perhaps the thinking is discount to get bums on seats and hope that they buy the extras? Judging by the lack of sales on most of the flights I have been on I am not sure how successful this is being though.