PDA

View Full Version : Academy req for CX Cadet?

ivierre
21st Sep 2004, 19:24
hi

I am wondering if i fulfil the academic requirement applying CX for cadetship.

I did really bad during my form 5 school year and got a poor HKCEE result. I then left HK and got a diploma in USA, and will have my undergrad degree done in about 3 months.

Do i fulfilthe requirement and have any chance to get them to interview me? I check the CX website and the requirement is like:

5 HKCEE.....OR Diploma or Degree in any discipline..."

just want to make sure

thanks

fwong007
22nd Sep 2004, 02:14
ivierre, don't worry too much about ur academic results, they will make the decision and there's nothing you can do about it... I personally don't have a degree and am here for my flight grade... where as other applicants might have degrees or even masters and couldn't be here... it all depends on whether they see you fit for the program and also your performance during the interview has a lot to do with the decision...

just apply and pray, that's all I did when I sent my app in...

and of course, read up on everything you could find about aviation and CX would help... taking ground school or even couple of flights is also recommended...

aerosmith93
22nd Sep 2004, 19:31
Dun worry too much dude, as your higher education result will 'over-ride' the poor performance in HKCEE. What they looking for is the right attitude to be come a future Captain....show them you have the right stuff is far more important then the 'A' on your report card.

On the other hand, the reason they look at your school result is to justify whether you can handle the intensive ground school in ADL.

All the best