PDA

View Full Version : Everything in Bold in Outlook

lonkmu
21st Sep 2004, 07:54
Hi,

Yesterday I had my office PC rebuilt by the tech guys at work.

I logged in after the rebuild and found my Microsoft Outlook to be showing all messages (in all folders) in bold. Also all headings etc are bold and once a message has been read it doesn't become unbolded as it used to do.
Also, all other Microsoft Office Applications are showing the same symptoms.(ie everything in bold)

PS: I work for a large investment bank and tech guys here can't help.

Regards
Lon

amanoffewwords
21st Sep 2004, 08:40
Hi,

What version of Outlook and Operating System are you using?

In version 2000 you can go to Tools --> Options --> Other -- Preview Pane: the settings you are talking about that are there.

Second possibility, since it affects all other applications is that you may have to reset the Appearance settings in the Display part of Control Panel.

hth,

Charles

sprocket
21st Sep 2004, 10:12
It does seem like a general setting change. Maybe someone with vision problems has adjusted your settings.

Go to Control Panel/Accessibility Options and click the Display tab and see if the "High contrast" box is ticked. Also click on the 'settings' button and see which scheme has been selected.

brockenspectre
21st Sep 2004, 10:25
lonkmu I had the exact same problem! Fortunately for me, following a relocation from one building to another the problem seems to have resolved itself. I don't know whether it is because my new location has a different screen and is therefore more compatible with the pc-build? I also used to have problems with my pc shutting down and IT though that was to do with the old screen sending out a magnetic field to the pc which stood on the desk beside it ... that problem, too, has not recurred since I moved buildings.

Maybe if you ask IT to give your pc the previous build rather than the latest one it will help?

:ok: