PDA

View Full Version : Typerating B1900

sharksucker
21st Sep 2004, 02:38
Hi there,

looking for an affordable place to do a type for the Beech 1900.
It is either an FAA or JAA ticket to be put on.
My problem right now is, schedduled with flightsafety in NY, but something messed up with the backgroundcheck, they told me today, that they needed further information, sent me an email a month ago, but I never received this one... Now being afraid, that backgroundcheck takes again 45 days, wanted to get a backupplan, to do it outside US.
Got the list of the TRTOs of UK, France and Germany, already sent them my trainingrequest, furthermore sent request to DAT (DK) and Twinair (CH).Somebody knows TRTOs in other JAA countrys?

What about Canada (can I do a type there onto FAA or JAA ticket),
and any idea about Australia, or Southafrica, or rest of the world?
BTW: Type in NY was supposed to be around 8K, would be great to stay around this sum...(I guess will be difficult in Europe..)

Before I forget: EU-national, FAA and JAA CPL frozen ATPL, no MCC yet, about 600TT and 400multi

Any feedback apreciated, thanks in advance!

sharksucker

pilot dude
18th Oct 2004, 08:10
Hi sharksucker,

Which TRTO is the best according to you in europe (pricewise, but also on a price/hour base)

I'm also looking for TRTO to do my 1900

and is it possible to do a 1900 JAA check ride in New York

PD

Cap Loko
18th Oct 2004, 09:02
The 1900 type used to be $10k for companies or $15k for individuals 2 years ago at Flight Safety, La Guardia.

Companies like NAC or maybe Rossair in South Africa have a 1900 TR course but you will probably need a South African validation license (which can be arranged in a day) and i don't know if it is available to individuals.

cheers

Piltdown Man
19th Oct 2004, 14:20
B1900 - I wouldn't bother. Spend your money financing yourself for the gap between getting a licence and your first job. Unless you have rather a large amount of money, paying for your own type rating is the fastest way of getting into debt short of a divorce.

sharksucker
20th Oct 2004, 00:15
@PD:
No idea about the TRTOs in Europe, as finally my backgroundcheck was being cleared and I have started my course yesterday at flightsafety in NY..
If you want a list from the TRTOs in Europe pm me, can send you a list, donīt have it right now handy..
Flightsafety does not offer JAA courses in LGA yet, but it is planned for the future, MCC will be offered as well, then possible to combine with the type..

@Cap Loko, thanks for the info about NAC and Rossair, would have checked it out, if I still had the need to do so...
BTW: do it for an airline, costs are 8.400 USD..
Not sure about the price for private customers, heard roumors about somthing around 12.000 USD.

Cheers
Sharksucker