PDA

View Full Version : Delta groundschool? they arent appr. for fulltime???

lostconcern
20th Sep 2004, 23:27
Does anyone know or understand how Delta Connection can advertise a 'full time' JAA ATPL course here on the pprune banner, when the CAA schools list here: http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_APPROVEDFTOS.PDF
clearly states they are only approved for DL in Sanford USA???

Maybe a bit of a play on words??? Interested to know if its really a legitimate advertisment ... or is there a catch.....

OneIn60rule
21st Sep 2004, 00:45
Atlantic Flight Training is approved for it and does it through DELTA connection. So you'll actually do the ATPL course through AFT but the flying side is going to be DCA and you'll get a commercial JAA license because you'll do the flying test with a certified CAA examiner.

The instrument rating part is though completed in the U.K. either by first getting the I.R. and then doing a couple of weeks in the U.K. OR you can do the WHOLE IR bit in the U.K.

I suggest you simply contact the folks at AFT/DCA for more information on the matter.

Cheers,

Student @ DCA.

lostconcern
21st Sep 2004, 00:50
Yes I understand that its Atlantic Flight Tng who does the course, but as the CAA document says Atlantic are ONLY approved for giving DL courses out of Sanford?? hence my question ... as it doesnt appear from the official CAA document to be a approved Fulltime course..?

My friends who asked this question over a beer earlier tonight have not received a reply from Delta regarding this very fact, hence my post and curiosity.

sexygirl
22nd Sep 2004, 12:59
Word is that AFT are approved for full time but it is the CAA who are slow to update their records...

OneIn60rule
22nd Sep 2004, 20:10
The fact that they haven't replied doesn't mean they aren't going to reply. It means there's just to many other e-mails with potential customers waiting to be answered.

Cheers,
1/60

lostconcern
5th Oct 2004, 02:54
There is a reason that they arent answering emails about their Fulltime JAA groundschool, it turns out from the UK CAA that they are definitely only approved for DL courses out of Sanford. The 30 Sept schools listings on the CAA website also confirms this.

This seems like a wannabe con maybe, i.e. lets advertise a course we dont have approval for and see how many we can sucker in maybe??

Also other alarm bells ring when you read the page it goes towards, "Be one of the 1st 20 to enroll " and then on the next page read about their capacity "JAA ATPL classrooms, each capable of holding 16-20 students." So the first 20 are the only 20....(yes they could have 2 or more classes of this unapproved course, but that means a lot discontent if 20 paid less $ than the other 20).... maybe time for a Delta rep to explain this to the wannabes of pprune??