PDA

View Full Version : Equipment needed for ATPLs

Gillespie
20th Sep 2004, 15:39
Afternoon all,

I've just ordered Module 1 from bristol gs. Really excited about getting started.

What extra equipment will I need that they don't supple (eg. CRP-5)?

Do they supply airway manuals? if not is it worth getting one?

Thank you for any responses.

ChocksAwayUK
20th Sep 2004, 15:58
You'll just need any of the usual stuff you've needed for PPL flying as far as i can see. Bristol include an airway manual so don't worry about that.

You'll need a CRP-5 (rather than the crap-1) and plotter, protractor etc. One extra thing i needed was a pair of compasses (though actually i cheated and used a bit of string for that bit).

I'm coming to the end of module 1 now and have actually found it quite enjoyable. Not looking forward to the 3 weeks of revision/exam hell that looms at the end of October though!

AppleMacster
20th Sep 2004, 18:10
A pair of dividers is useful, too. Don't forget the calculator as well (unless you can do sines etc in your head...). They supply the Jeppesen Student Manuals.

ChocksAway: see you at the end of October for the Mod. 1 brush-up.

AppleMacster.

Frank Furillo
20th Sep 2004, 18:46
Bristol are great, you will not regret chosing them.
Equipment wise, a protractor (square one) if you haven't already and a good sientific calc, i have a casio fx-83ms, pens, pencils, a felt tip (for the wind side or the crp-5) ruler and anything else you can think of.
For the two of you going for mod one well you will find it bloody hard work but enjoyable, Alex, Bas, Tom and Ken really make the subjects come alive. I will be down in Nov for mod 2 brush up and cannot wait.
Enjoy
FF

Gillespie
20th Sep 2004, 21:53
Cheers guys, great help. Really can't wait to start and good luck with the rest of your courses.