PDA

View Full Version : Legging it

Lara crofts pants
20th Sep 2004, 15:29
Well, it looks like us truckie types are going to be surplus to requirement on reaching our 38/16 point.
To that end it looks like we'd better start getting our ATPLs sorted out sooner rather than later. Soo... does anyone out there know if you can claim the cost of the ATPL IRT against the Enhanced Learning Credits scheme. I tried the ELC website (No, not the Early Learning Centre for all you wags out there) but got a little confused - nothing new there

airborne_artist
20th Sep 2004, 16:32
Look here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118420&highlight=ELC+CPL) and here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140637&highlight=ELC+ATPL)

Eye off the ball
20th Sep 2004, 16:53
ATPL Course - You can claim Phase 1 in one financial year and Phase 2 in the following financial year and contribute 20% of the total.
IR -Nope 'fraid not; I asked the same question!
They won't help with the steady stream of cheques that the CAA demands either!

Snakecharmer
20th Sep 2004, 18:29
With MEP Class Rating, IR and MCC to do over the next 3 months, I'm trying to claim one of them as ELC. Latest input from 'Learning Forces Flight' (!) is that they need to see a personal development plan as "it's public money we're talking about"! There was me thinking that, by deciding to leave next April, I might have fewer hoops to jump through from Aunty Betty!

And another thing... e-mailed Barnsworth to inform them of my decision to exercise my option... The first response from them? A nice letter helping me to commute my pension etc etc or something else I might be interested in? No chance! A questionnaire on why I'm leaving! At least it included lots of relevant questions about my ethnic origin...

Snakecharmer
13th Oct 2004, 17:04
Just in case it helps...

Got the letter yesterday to confirm that I'm getting £1000 of ELC money towards the MECR! :D On that basis, you shouldn't have much touble getting it for the IR - the secret seems to be in producing a sensible Personal Development Plan.