PDA

View Full Version : Curriculum Vitae

Belgian Chap
20th Sep 2004, 13:01
Seeking help on writing a CV in english...

As english isn't my mothertongue, and I have no idea what a CV looks like in english, I am seeking advice in here...

Can anyone send a copy of his/her CV to get an idea?
(alter information or delete entries if you wish... I don't want to pry in your personal sphere)
Just as long as I have a good idea about format and layout, I'd be more than happy.

Many thanks in advance!

Clipperpan
21st Sep 2004, 17:38
You will find everything here :)

http://www.oxfordaviation.net/career/index.htm

vlad-the-inhaler
23rd Sep 2004, 19:30
In England, because of our huge diversity as a nation, it is now customary to indicate to potential employers as to our "preferences". Simply write "hetrosexual" or "homosexual" at the top of your CV.
PS: Welcome to England, I applaud your pioneering spirit and look forward to competing with you for future employment.

Jelly Doughnut
24th Sep 2004, 06:19
hey Vlad
do you speak Flemish, or French?
thought not.
:mad:

vlad-the-inhaler
24th Sep 2004, 06:56
Ouch JD, I am so ashamed that I dont speak French or Flemish. I should also confess that I dont speak lots of other languages, too many to list here. So its a good job that English is the language of both aviation and business, and not by accident either.I congratulate you on your fluency in phlegm. I bid you good day Sir!

PS... Develop a sense of humour

Jelly Doughnut
24th Sep 2004, 09:48
face up to it buddy, the UK is part of the EU now. No point turning this into another foreigner-bashing thread. You're the one that needs to lighten up.
Belgian chap, read your PM's.
cheers
JD

Biscuit
24th Sep 2004, 10:10
Belgian Chap,

I would note vlad's comments if I were you. It is indeed customary in the UK to state what you 'prefer' outside office hours.

It has also become the norm over recent years to supply a photo of yourself naked together with your CV. If you fail to do this your CV will almost certainly be binned immediately.

Best regards and good luck!

Biscuit

Belgian Chap
24th Sep 2004, 15:36
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
The oxfordaviation link was very helpful!

Best Regards,
P

P1 Forever
29th Sep 2004, 16:34
Hello,

Belgian Chap check your PM's, thanks!

IRRenewal
29th Sep 2004, 19:28
BC,

Wat je buiten kantoortijd doet hoeft niemand te weten, zelfs niet hier in GB. Tenzij het een in je voordeel is zou ik het niet vermelden.

Gebruik een goede spell checker (om maar eens een goed Nederlands woord te gebruiken). Je gebruikt het woord moederspraak als een woord, maar in het Engels zijn dat twee woorden. Dat zijn de dingen die je door de mand doen vallen. Dat is ook de reden dat ik weet dat je Vlaming bent en ik je dus in het Nederlands kan antwoorden.

Groet,

Gerard

(Nederlander die bijna 10 jaar in Engeland woon en werkt)

EGCC4284
7th Oct 2004, 23:28
Try this guy.

http://www.pittraining.co.uk/