PDA

View Full Version : Protective Cover for Logbook - Steers Please

seafuryfan
19th Sep 2004, 21:00
My logbook is looking a bit shabby and really needs a decent cover on it. If you've had a logbook cover made for you, could you give me the contact details please?

Because I'm sure advertising is not allowed on Prune, could you PM me with the details? Many thanks.

Ropey Pilot
20th Sep 2004, 01:54
Just went to my local friendly squipper who knocked me up a very nice leather cover - by the nature of their job they can do it - just need to find one who wants to in his/her spare time.

Can't do any harm to ask!

Hueymeister
21st Sep 2004, 16:12
There is a chap near Yeovs who binds them, and does a bloody good job for 50 Pounds or so. Anyone got his address?

FFP
21st Sep 2004, 18:59
I too would appreciate that address.

grimfixer
22nd Sep 2004, 09:03
The chap in question, RJ Bon works out of an Industrial unit on the Lynx trading estate in Yeovil, having just moved from his garden Shed! Superb results, I had mine rebound for the second time when I needed extra pages too and a heap of the Yeovilton aircrew have used him.

Tel 01460 74467, that is his number from last year so hopefully it will still get through. If not post again and I will recheck. Be careful as he can talk you to submission........huge spotter!!
:p

timex
22nd Sep 2004, 17:45
Thats the guy, had mine done 3 yrs ago. Superb job.
Best pay him a visit if possible so you can see his colour schemes, if not I'm sure someone could e-mail you a phot of theirs

Tigger_Too
22nd Sep 2004, 19:05
This contact goes back a couple of years, but maybe worth a try: R J Bond :01460 74467.
Quite a nice job of re-binding multiple logbooks into a single edition with a good leather cover

Sorry! Just realised it's the same one as the earlier post. I promise to sharpen up!

seafuryfan
22nd Sep 2004, 21:22
Bingo - many thanks to all. Phone call imminent. Good old Pprune!

BEagle
22nd Sep 2004, 21:28
Can he bind 2 or 3 logbooks together in a single volume?

Tigger_Too
23rd Sep 2004, 15:49
Beags,

He can certainly do two - I have the proof. My career doesn't run to three I'm afraid, but I'm sure he will

MaxAOB
24th Sep 2004, 16:00
Yes the long haired hippy chap does a fantastic job and i'm not surprised he put his prices up - don't forget that after the potting shed his overheads have rocketed as well. I was gobsmacked how cheap mine was about 13/14 years ago and would have paid twice what he charged. Each one is done to an excellent standard, i had searched high and low for an old log book like mine to get more pages only to find out that he has a complete stash of pages of just about every military log book known to man!

I cannot endorse him enough - a complete spotter who can talk you to death but he does a great job at a fair price - although be prepared to wait cos he is always busy.

:D

Stray Fin
26th Sep 2004, 21:31
He's going to be a busy man. Does that contact number have enough digits? (I would call to try it, but its an unsociable time, even for long haired hippies).

seafuryfan
27th Sep 2004, 17:39
grimfixer & Tigger_Too, unfortunately the phone number you gave is one digit short.

Can you confirm the number please?

DummyRun
27th Sep 2004, 18:23
Fill it up faster and get a new one!