PDA

View Full Version : Apache Comao Training Week

Front Seater
19th Sep 2004, 19:55
A big thank you for the personnel at Leeming and the crews that helped with the AH COMAO training last week. Some very good sorties indeed and boy did we learn so much in such a short period of time. Very impressed with the F3s and GR4s, who not only came across as very professional, but were also very patient during the planning process on each day.

Cheers, much fun was had by all.

dwaynedibley
19th Sep 2004, 22:50
Shame the Lynx boys were so keen deliver soup on day 1 that they held up the F3's !

:p

MightyGem
22nd Sep 2004, 13:29
Hey, just wait until you're sitting wet and cold on a hillside waiting for some soup!

sonicstomp
25th Sep 2004, 13:06
It was quite amusing to find out the reason why we had comms problems with Antic :

they were conducting C2 on a hand-held radio!! :-)

Front Seater
26th Sep 2004, 11:51
Sonic,

Antic : ???? I must be a bit thick!

sonicstomp
26th Sep 2004, 19:22
The 16 AAB C2 agency for the Ex.

owe ver chute
27th Sep 2004, 12:15
Maroonman4.
I don't think that your points are for debate on this OPEN forum.
What the AH can and can't do is for them to know!

MaroonMan4
27th Sep 2004, 19:17
Over The Top,

Apologies if you believed that I was touching on sensitive areas - don't worry, I wasn't. All of the information can be found in either Flight, Aviation Geek or Janes. Also, the words 'I think' 'to my knowledge', 'months/years''not too sure' etc all paint a pretty vague picture.

I was only trying to help you guys/girls out with any cheap shots at Comms issues (there are many out there that still believe the Suns rubbish printed a year ago)......

But I will now return and delete the offending thread just in case you do end up being compromised by any of the information that could be drawn out of the post.

Outgoing
30th Sep 2004, 09:36
Having just returned from an area of conflict, where dependancy rests on airborne assets of every type, hat colour and nationality, it is heartening to see that co-operation and integration is being implemented from the outset in the AH COMAO programme. It is noteworthy that the biggest problem with air integration is the method of marketing it to the operational and strategic level decision makers, and ensuring that considered planning is prevalent from inception. The modern battlefield is All Arms in every sense of the word and as a result the understanding of what each asset can achieve independently and, more importantly, as part of the 'team', is vital.

It sounds like this may be happening. I hope that 16 AA Bde are involved in the full exercise planning profile and scenario setting for these exercises. And they are able to place the land picture spin on what the Ground Commander's desired effect is.

We have come a long way from Helarm, it would be a shame to waste the oppportunity to get this right. As pale blue myself it is easy to be over-protective, let's not be. :cool: