PDA

View Full Version : Cadet Pilot Interview

windtalker
19th Sep 2004, 05:40
Hey guys,
i just came back from the cadet pilot interview, it was a breeze, and unless u r really arrogant and stupid theres no reason y 1 should not clear it.
first day there is a group session in which u have to make an atc tower and then a airport chart, certain parameters will be given ,which will change to put time based pressure, but its not impossible.
then next day is the BIG day with checking of documents and then the computer based exam, Aptitude tests, and memory test , all this in 3 hours, not much of a problem.
then a small essay to be written on any topic they give,
then comes the wait for the interview , panel is of 6 people, and basic questions, no rocket scientist type questions, so chill.
after that the tea party and u r told to go to the hotel and wait.
next day on the phone u will know if u r in or out.
if in then medical the following day , very normal medical, if u have been flying then u know the drill.

the basic training is 2 years to second officer, thena year or so till FO
money is not much, FO makes around 7000 Sin$ second officer 3-4000 $ cost of living is 4000 $ average, car is expensive, food cheap, transport good,life is not easy till u have some friends.
hope this helps,
Happy Landings .

:ok:

Old Smokey
21st Sep 2004, 13:05
windtalker,

Are you the same windtalker that was so jittery and nervous on various posts here just a few months ago ?

The transformation is truly wondrous, and you've passed on some sound advice, e.g. ditch the arrogance, stupidity etc. Others note, they're not looking for astronauts and guys who know all the 'stock' answers (they know that you know all of the 'stock' questions and answers), they're looking for people with reasoning ability and POTENTIAL.

Lots of luck windtalker, I hope that you make it - Look forward to flying with you.

Vimd23
21st Sep 2004, 13:45
Hi windtalker .... I am curious as to know, what the Aptitude and Memory test are like in the SIA selection procedure , as I was interviewed in Chennai , but as of now , have not recieved a regret letter or a letter of intent, so I am keeping my hopes alive. Could you also please tell me , how hard the aptitude test was , was it like IA or is it enough to prepare from an RS Agarwal book ? Was there no physco-motor test for you , like an IAF Pilot aptitude battery test ? How strict are they on the medical regarding weight and height combo ? Lookin forward to hearing from you sir.

Cheers
Vimd23

B777_my
28th Sep 2004, 07:04
Hey anybody know how long do SIA take before telling us wheather we are accepted for the training? I went through the interview during 3-6 August 2004. I am not really getting any reply yet, just anxious of how is the result :p. Do we have to call up somebody if it takes too long or just wait and wait and wait??

yessir
28th Sep 2004, 07:32
Hey B777

just to let you know, me and my friend attended our medical in March and we haven't been called for the training yet.

Which interview have you been to? First or second?

Normally First interview to second interview could be between 2 weeks (in my case) to a few months.

B777_my
28th Sep 2004, 08:26
Yesser,

I have attended the second interview - the one with tea party. and i went for medical check up in the clinic and the glen eagle hospital. have you called the CAAS for the medical or shouldn't we?

yessir
28th Sep 2004, 13:12
Yes, you can call CAAS. They are quite friendly and will give you medical results.

Even though i've cleared, i've been waiting since March. When I called a certain HR person in SQ he told me still pending.
But some of my friends who went to the same interview are already going to the Australian training phase in Nov.

So very hard to say must wait how long.
I'm also very impatient already, but i've heard from a recent successful candidate that the wait could be as long as 2-3 months or 6-8 months. But even then, no guarantees. For now just be glad you have not heard bad news, cos i also have friends who got rejection email after passing the medical.

good luck
:O

B777_my
28th Sep 2004, 14:36
Ya, so far no news is still good news. :O
Since you said we can contact them, can you please PM me some of the details of who can i contact in CAAS (phone, email ?) such that i can get to know my medical result? All i can do now is pray that i am accepted for training, and who knows. maybe we will be in the same batch soon! :D

sevensevenseven
29th Sep 2004, 00:54
B777,

Hmm, Just thinking that we might have been in the same batch for the interview. Check your PM.

yessir,

For your batch, how soon did the earliest candidate get a roll-call for training? Do they get back to different candidates at different times? Or is there just one early successful batch, while the rest are put on the wait-forever list.

Seven X3

yessir
29th Sep 2004, 01:44
sevensevenseven,

my interview there were 6 of us who passed. so far only 3 were called up to start. 3 of us still waiting. 1 got rejection email after medical (dunno reason).
the 3 who went through 2 of them started <2 months after medical.

B777_my
29th Sep 2004, 04:00
sevensevenseven

check your PM.